Transmission
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Transmission in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was thinking about getting a new transmission for my 90 DeVille. I don't really have any problems with it, ...
    HollywoodHicks1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Transmission

I was thinking about getting a new transmission for my 90 DeVille. I don't really have any problems with it, but I thought that a new one would be nice. I was told that rebuilding would be just as good for the car. How pricey is rebuilding a transmission?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    I it ain't broke, don't fix it.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Transmission

Yep...... No sense in rebuilding unless its kicking or kicked the bucket.........

Even if you feel a slight slip, you can usually get quite a few more miles out of it...... When it starts refusing to go in/out of certain gears, or doesnt move, then you rebuild.......

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.