Front End Rattle Solved!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Front End Rattle Solved! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good evening fellow Caddy lovers! Let me start out with a comment about a thread (apparently it existed before) I ...
    Goldencletus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 DeVille Concours, 2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster

Front End Rattle Solved!

Good evening fellow Caddy lovers! Let me start out with a comment about a thread (apparently it existed before) I sadly re-started yesterday about gasoline, let's just leave the actual subject at that. I appologize for potentially starting something that has perhaps been hashed to the point of frustration on some levels. I'm brand new to this forum as well as a brand new Caddy owner, that being said, I'm not sure how to follow a thread that I didn't know existed, so perhaps the moderator can enlighten me on this procedure instead of displaying frustration. More importantly, a big thanks to MOISTCABBAGE, the rattle was in fact the torque rods (dog bones), despite RANGERS comment about them being rubber, they were the culprit. I'm going to give you guys the history of my Deville, 1998 Concours, in Feb 80,253 miles (now 94,596 I spend alot of time on the freeway), I found this car at a college car fair and paid $3,000.00. The interior is perfect, the car is super clean on the outside as well. when I bought it, I took it for an oil change and tire rotation, as it turns out, the place I took the car to for this service was where the original owner bought the tires thirteen years ago! the still had 1/4" of tread left! So I guess most of the rubber on this car, whether tires or bushings are going to be suspect. Thanks again MC, now if you could just help me with the squeak!

----------

Sorry, it was RODNOK who suggested it could be the dogbones. MC still has good info tho!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Front End Rattle Solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldencletus View Post
    I'm not sure how to follow a thread that I didn't know existed, so perhaps the moderator can enlighten me on this procedure
    You can either use the search bar (upper right) or Google. Google seems to do a better job. Just add >cadillacforums after your search criteria.

eg:
    front end rattle>cadillacforums or

octane>cadillacforums or

premiumfuel>cadillacforums

P.S.
    Be sure to use cadillacforums as opposed to cadillacforum.

Goldencletus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 DeVille Concours, 2004 Nissan 350Z Roadster

Re: Front End Rattle Solved!

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.