Factory touch screen navigation buzzing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Factory touch screen navigation buzzing in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 2002 DTS is equipped with the factory Bose DVD, Navigation touch screen. It also has factory 6 disc changer ...
    Thors5ax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville DTS

Factory touch screen navigation buzzing

My 2002 DTS is equipped with the factory Bose DVD, Navigation touch screen. It also has factory 6 disc changer in the glove box. The problem I have is that even after I turn the car off, get out the head unit makes a buzzing noise. It sounds similar to the noise it makes when you load a DVD into the player. Problem is it just keeps making a noise and won't quit. I've only had the car for 6 months but I don't think this is normal. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Time for a new DVD unit?

It does have the factory Navigation DVD in the player. It was in there when I bought it and thought it has to be in there for the Nav. to work. Is this correct or can I remove it? Maybe it's trying to constanly read this disc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

13ir14314 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 DHS, 1967 Eldorado
    The Nav disk must stay in the dvd for the Nav to work. It should stop reading the disk when you turn the Nav off. I know there is a small fan in the back of the HU I don't know when that is supposed to run and stop though.

reppinshadyvill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 DTS

Re: Factory touch screen navigation buzzing

I believe it runs the disk whenever you open the door. I think it starts loading so that nav is ready when you start the car. Mine does the same thing whenever the door is opened.

djmumm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 37s, 57s, 93 eldo, 02 DHS, 05 XLR

Re: Factory touch screen navigation buzzing

I also have a 2002 DHS with the nav system. I've had it for 8 months. The nav did the same thing. The whole nav / radio system became flakey and the touch screen would not accept touch controls. The voice would not work either. I bought a used nav and it worked great for about 2 months, and now it is also stuck on. Sounds like it is trying to load the disc. It managed to kill the battery, so I removed the nav system. My wife is unhappy without a radio! Will the non-nav radios work or will I need to also change out other parts to convert to the old radio?

Is the voice control module part of the nav system, or is it seperate? I'm wondering if something else has caused my nav / radio sytem failure?

thanks
    Dave

purelux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville
    That sounds like it could be overheating, is it possible to change out the fan. Also try using compressed air and see if you can blow some of the dust out, I've seen this a lot with laptops.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.