99 Deville misfire on cylinder 2 cant figure out y
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 99 Deville misfire on cylinder 2 cant figure out y in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok im new here so bear with me im not very car smart at all tho i do know quite ...
    WestRaptor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 deville silver Conv top(150000 miles)

99 Deville misfire on cylinder 2 cant figure out y

Ok im new here so bear with me im not very car smart at all tho i do know quite a bit enough to get by.Though im on here all the time and ive learned so much about my car from here and fixed many a problems just reading here but anyway.. car started running rough the other day gave me p300 random misfire code. So i took it to my moms work and had them check it. It was cylinder 2 and it showed up on the tech 2 has misfired like 30,000 times. Ive already changed the spark plug wires(ac delco) and the plugs(ac delco) and the ingintion coil for 2&5. I also went back and checked over my wire rly good but didnt c any breaks or anything that looked like it was bad. I also swapped my fuel injector from cylinder 2 to cylinder 4 hoping the misfire would move to 4 so i would know if my injector was bad but it didnt still cylinder 2. The tech at my moms work thinks its coolant going through just cylinder 2 which is what im thinking to but i thought i would ask to c if there is anything thing else i can try or check first. Im gonna swap #4 wire with #2 wire c if that changes my misfire to 4 but other than that idk what it could be thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Re: 99 Deville misfire on cylinder 2 cant figure out y

For internal combustion you have to have fuel, compressed air, and a spark.

Do a compression check on cylinder #2 next. You've already checked the other two. And you are working on the cylinder located on the front head, passenger side corner, closest to the pass side headlamp correct?

Vernon

Yea thats the one im working on i switched #4 and #2 wire pulled the spark plug didnt c any coolant but if its a slow leak from what i understand doesnt mean its not there gonna try to get a compression test and a coolant leak test done i havent got any misfire codes since i put the new coil pack on all im getting now is pcm p0603 which is where i took the battery off and p1599 stall or near stall detected(it keeps dying all the time at red lights and stop signs i think its my iac valve)

Oh in that case you need new crankshaft position sensors. This isn't a guess. That combination of codes, the dieing, and the mysteriously fixed miss all point to a failing CKS on your Deville. You have two crank pos. sensors, and upper and a lower. They have to be put into the right hole and have the correct plug connected so do it carefully and read up about it first. Don't mix anything up and mark them as you reference the part numbers on the box because they may look exactly the same depending on which you buy. There are plenty of posts about that on here and some of them I have with good information if you search for it.

Vernon

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Try a good TB cleaning before you replace any more parts.

Are you using coolant or overheating?

Yea i did a good tb cleaning and yea it was getting hot not all the time randomly but my temps would go up come down go up (255) go down go up i figured the ckps sensors were going out but i never knew that could cause a misfire on a certain cylinder? it would only start missing after it warmed up. Yea i was loosing coolant but i thought i had a leak somewhere i hadnt found yet.. well anyway i got bad news i got a amazing deal on a 2013 sonic through my woms work and it gets like 25mpg city so i decided to trade the caddy in.. i already miss it but i just wanted to say thank u all for everything i have learned soooo much about cars and northstars from here i fell like i could work on the neighbors 94 eldorado( actually i know i can) i started looking at these forums not even knowing how to change oil to a little while later replacing a water pump, fuel injectors tune up and valve cover gaskets not to mention lots of other stuff..

You're probably better off. A Northstar car can be brutal. Get yourself a good degree/career and then upgrade to a luxery car with a warranty. Good luck with the Sonic, just take good care of it and don't waste time and money customizing it then when you're ready it will still have some value to sell or trade. They don't take kindly to yellow dash-boards in the real world.

Vernon

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

If it makes you happy.
    Pictures or it did not happen

so far im liking the sonic just getting use to it i like the caddy just needed a car i could depend on right now if i could have done the down payment i wanted to keep the caddy and just work on it a little bit at the time over the weekends vacation etc.. but i just didnt have the down payment hopefully this car will turn out ok i bought the deville with 140,00 miles so i have no idea how well they took care of the car i know they never used premium for sure but idk about the rest... but anyway thx for alll the great help u all give

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.