2005 DTS front rotors... Are there 2 different sizes/part#s?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2005 DTS front rotors... Are there 2 different sizes/part#s? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've always considered myself a pretty bright guy, but I'm starting to question that. I can't seem to be sure ...
    Jersey Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS

2005 DTS front rotors... Are there 2 different sizes/part#s?

I've always considered myself a pretty bright guy, but I'm starting to question that.

I can't seem to be sure of the right replacement part #s. There seems to be a switch in rotor size between VINs (before and after a certain point).

I'd like to pick them up on Amazon. maybe some Delco Advantage, Wagner or Raybestos... whatever. I just want to be sure that they'll fit. Is it the same deal with the pads?

Well, to cut to the chase here is my car's info. Will someone please just help me with the correct part numbers?

Thanks for your time and any help in advance.

1G6KF57985U192344

Vehicle: DEVILLE TOURING SEDAN
    Year: 2005
    Build Date: Unk.

Found 4,183 vehicles matching that year and model in our database.

DEH PLANT CODE - DETROIT/HAMTRAMCK, MI, BOC HAMTRAMCK, MI PLANT(DEH) 4,183
    DE7 MIRROR,O/S LH & RH REMOTE CONTROL,HEATED,BREAKAWAY,T/SIG INDICATOR ELEC O/S MIR W/TURN SIG IND & HTR(DE7) 4,018
    E2C ORDER TO DELIVERY - EXPEDITE TO CUSTOMER 705
    FE3 SUSPENSION SYSTEM,SPORT SPORT SUSP(FE3) 4,183
    FV4 RATIO TRANSAXLE FINAL DRIVE 3.71 3.71R(FV4) 4,183
    F45 CHASSIS CONTINUOUS VALVE REAL TIME DAMPING REAL TIME DAMPING CHASSIS(F45) 4,183
    IK6 TRIM,INTERIOR DESIGN INTERIOR DESIGN TRIM(IK6) 4,183
    JL9 BRAKE SYSTEM,POWER,FRONT AND REAR DISC,ANTILOCK FRT & RR DISC ANTILOCK BRK(JL9) 4,183
    KG9 GENERATOR,140 AMPERE 140 AMP(KG9) 4,183
    LHD VEHICLE DRIVE LEFTHAND DRIVE LEFT HAND DRIVE(LHD) 4,183
    L37 ENGINE,4.6L,V8,DOHC,SFI,281C.I.D.(NORTHSTAR) 4.6-9(L37) 4,183
    MH1 TRANSMISSION AUTO 4 SPD, 4T80E, ELECTRONIC CONV CLUTCH 4-SPD A/TRANS(MH1) 4,183
    MX0 TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC,OVERDRIVE(MERCHANDISING OPTION) A/TRANS PROVISIONS(MX0) 4,183

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 2005 Deville DTS front rotors... Are there 2 different sizes/part#s? help please

the split occurs at 5U129029 ... including that VIN and above get the second design rotors
    before that VIN gets the first design

your vin ends in 192344 so you are the second design

ACDelco Advantage rotors for your car would be 88878476 (ACD# 18A2498A)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Jersey Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville DTS

Re: 2005 Deville DTS front rotors... Are there 2 different sizes/part#s? help please

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the split occurs at 5U129029 ... including that VIN and above get the second design rotors
    before that VIN gets the first design

your vin ends in 192344 so you are the second design

ACDelco Advantage rotors for your car would be 88878476 (ACD# 18A2498A)
    That was fast!
    I owe you a beer.

Thanks very much!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 2005 DTS front rotors... Are there 2 different sizes/part#s?

you're welcome!

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.