2003 deville head rest and seat covers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2003 deville head rest and seat covers in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; does any know if the seat head rest is removable on a 2003 deville? it will raise all the way ...
    houg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): deville

2003 deville head rest and seat covers

does any know if the seat head rest is removable on a 2003 deville? it will raise all the way to the top but wont come off, i want to install seat covers and some of them require the head rest to come off.
    and do any of you guys have any recommendation,s for what seat covers to use?? i want to try and keep my front seats looking new, the drivers side is starting to look a little worn.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2003 deville head rest and seat covers

Raise the head rest. Place your thumb in line with the chrome rod just below the top seam and press hard. I mean REALLY hard. You need to feel the rod inside the seat back. When you have pressed hard enough you will release the retainer and be able to lift the head rest. Repeat on the other retainer unless you have a helper who can lift the head rest as you press on both at the same time.

houg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): deville

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Raise the head rest. Place your thumb in line with the chrome rod just below the top seam and press hard. I mean REALLY hard. You need to feel the rod inside the seat back. When you have pressed hard enough you will release the retainer and be able to lift the head rest. Repeat on the other retainer unless you have a helper who can lift the head rest as you press on both at the same time.
    thanks, i worked but i was pushing on the front of the seat first, then i figured it was the back i had to push on

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Oops! I guess I neglected to mention that part. You're supposed to read my mind.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.