Mass Excise Tax Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Mass Excise Tax Question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, Lets say I took my car off the road in 2009 and put it in my garage (storage), excise ...
    r_2016 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Lexus LS430, 1993 Deville

Mass Excise Tax Question

Hi,

Lets say I took my car off the road in 2009 and put it in my garage (storage), excise tax was paid for 2009. Then, I put my car back on the road in 2013; would I have to pay tax for 2013, or 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013? People tell me that if it was not registered or insured, I would not pay a tax; I never recieved one (tax bill) from registry. I am just wondering if I am going to get hit with a back tax bill when I go to re-register. This is for the state of Massachusetts. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Slipgate is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Re: Mass Excise Tax Question

Looks like you just owe from when you register it again. It also looks like it will be taxed at $25/$1000 of 10% of the new value (over 5 years old). So if it was $30k new, you owe tax on $3k or $75/year from now on.

r_2016 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Lexus LS430, 1993 Deville

Re: Mass Excise Tax Question

Thanks guy's for the input. My guess is that I would be subject to the tax from 2013-Forward, but wanted to double check. It is a 1993 Deville so valuation is not high; I think I paid $75 a year the last time I had it on the road. Thanks again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.