Hood emblem replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By scanssystems
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Hood emblem replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Got very good looking 01 crest for hood. Can anyone tell me how to remove old one? I don't get ...
    scanssystems is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DHS; Galaxy Silver

Hood emblem replacement

Got very good looking 01 crest for hood. Can anyone tell me how to remove old one? I don't get how did they manage to bolt it down...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

customcafe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Hood emblem replacement

It is literally a twist and play attachment system. If you pop the hood, and find the bottom of the retainer clip (it is black plastic) you will simply need to unseat the retainer clip and twist. Replacement is just the opposite of taking the old one out. Good luck!

Why should I twist? Is there thread?

I looked through many threads and nobody ever explains how do they do it...

DONE!
    Of course, I broke plastic clips but managed to install it anyway. Looks great! The way it suppose to be!
    Was:

Now:

----------

And don't tell me double emblems look ugly. I love it to be doubled!

----------

Personally I hate modern crest. It is ugly and shapeless. I LOVE MY DUCKS AND CROWN! Keep it classic all the way!

I see nobody really interested in this thread. Well, I saw lots of people had same question and nobody ever posted the answer. I'm here, I did it and I'm going to give the RIGHT directions to do it w/o any damage.

I would say this is clean and easy dealers way. I'm going to disclose it here. I spent nearly one hour to figure it out and really now it is going to take no more than 5 minutes.

Removing:
    1. Remove retaining ring using long pliers. Be careful not to break any plastic parts and not to loose ring.
    2. Using a flat screwdriver pry a little 2 black tabs which secure emblem in the place. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THEM!
    3. Doing step 2 try with your another hand to pull up the ornament. Release one tab(one side of ornament) a time. You will have to play with it.
    4. Once metal part has been removed you got plastic base "sitting in the hole"
    5. If you need just to swap crests you can disregard this step. Plastic base holds by 3 plastic tabs. You have to bend them inside slightly and pull up the base. Now you got naked hole.

Installation:
    1. Insert metal ring onto the plastic base.
    2. Insert plastic base into the hood hole.
    3. Insert metal ornament into the plastic base.
    4. You done.

Hope this helps someone one day.
    Cheers!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.