Non-DTC problems...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Non-DTC problems... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So... Ive got a few other projects id like to work on with my 01 DeVille.... 1)The emergency brake doesn't ...
    Mr.Pink is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville, 4.6L

Non-DTC problems...

So... Ive got a few other projects id like to work on with my 01 DeVille....

1)The emergency brake doesn't pop up when you put the trans. in drive/reverse
    maybe a cable or something?.....

2)Wiper Cleaner doesnt squirt fluid. when i roll the switch downwards, the wipers wipe but no fluid is shot out. The reservoir is full. and theres no motor sound. Is there a second fuse i dont know about?

3) My fuel level sensor is wacked out. Can i fix it or will it have to be replaced?
    actually i have had an intermittent voltage p-code for this one...

Thanks guys - PINK

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blalockchiro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville, 89 Camaro, 07 Silverado
    hello and welcome...i might be able to help u with some things but there are better experts here....1. check for vacuum line leak, 2. wiper motor maybe bad and or clogged lines. 3. fuse boxes are located behind seat in trunk and under dash ( for urs i believe) check to c if this helps. ranger, sub and mc are the experts and i am sure they will respond to ur thread today, but this should get u started. good luck

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Re: Non-DTC problems...

1 - The auto release on '00+ Devilles is electric, not vacuum operated. Engage the parking brake, start the car, hold down the brake pedal with your right foot, and put your left foot on the parking brake pedal, and push it slightly. Then shift into a drive gear, if you feel a "click" in your left foot, it's trying to release. You may just have to "exercise" the pedal a few times.

2 - "turn the switch down"? Are you sure you're using the correct control for the washer, or are you using the RainSense knob?

3 - You can try using a 20 oz. bottle of Chevron Techron to clean any deposits off of the sending unit contacts, but it most likely needs to be replaced. There's an access panel in the trunk, so the job's not too bad.

blalockchiro, thanks for the complements, but no "experts" here. That's just an excuse to stop learning, and we all still are.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Nope, no "experts" in here; just guys who mess around with cars and learn a few tricks.

There's a mechanical release tab for the parking brake - crawl into the driver's footwell on your right side, bright flashlight. Upper front part of the parking brake mechanism there's a black or yellow flip tab. Try it. Under the left side of the driver's seat - under the body pan - there's a cable that runs back to the splitter for the rear brake parking action. Yank it a few times.

The brake cables hang up from no use. When you get the system freed up, at least once a month with the engine running in D, your right foot on the service brake, partially depress the parking brake pedal - you'll feel a thump as the mechanism trips and overrides the parking brake. Do it again and again, each time depressing the parking brake pedal further and further until you reach max travel. This exercise keeps the system freed up.

If none of this works, then you'll need to replace the primary parking brake cable and housing.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

IF you are using the washer switch correctly, then either the nozzles are clogged or the in tank pump is kaput. Is the pump serviceable without replacing the tank? I don't recall, but I'm sure someone else will.

Take a peek under the dash at the parking brake mechanism and be sure that the electrical connector is plugged in.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    IIRC, the pump is simply mounted in a grommet in the tank.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

A little research shows it is serviceable.
    http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...RBG371501.html

blalockchiro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Deville, 89 Camaro, 07 Silverado
    well u guys r experts to me...awwww....

White Lightning is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Deville DTS

If you end up doing a fuel sender/pump unit yourself, I'd recommend getting a new lock ring as well, mine was rusted to hell and I had to beat the crap out of it to get it off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.