My next set of DTC's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, My next set of DTC's in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well I finally got rid of those pesky EGR codes. Yay! hers my next set to work on: PCM P0741 ...
    Mr.Pink is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville, 4.6L

My next set of DTC's

Well I finally got rid of those pesky EGR codes. Yay! hers my next set to work on:

PCM P0741 - Torque Convert Clutch System Stuck Off
    I have no other codes associated with this one (like p18xx whatever it is about the solenoid) so Im thinking its the real thing.
    I have no noticeable transmision problems so, what to do? Just ignore it like I do with my AIR pump code?

DIM P1540 - P1540 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Overpressure - Air Conditioning (A/C) Disabled
    Before I got the car, the previous owner tried refilling it with one of those AC kits because it wasnt blowing cold air. So I dont really know what the deal is with this one. I guess they overfilled it and so the compressor is automatically shut off? How do I correct this one?

Looking forward to your answers! Thanks - PINK

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

70cougar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 DTS, 70 Cougar conv

Re: My next set of DTC's

Many people ignore P0741, and just live with lower gas mileage of maybe 1-2 mpg at cruising speeds, caused by higher engine revs without TCC lock-up. This works fine unless you have to pass emission testing where you live - P0741 will cause you to fail.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 02 DHS, 03 SLS

EVERYTHING you could possibly want to know
    about the P0741 code is right here - with pics of the problem -
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...60-1998-a.html
    ================

P1540 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Overpressure
    those mickey-mouse AC kits
    are probably responsible for DAMAGING more AC systems they they fixed -

the typical - "a little more should make it even colder" mentality -

connect a real set of guages -
    and adjust the pressure where it should be -

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Live with P0741 and clear it when it pops up (I do). Too expensive to fix and not worth it. Just do a search for it as it's been discussed a hundred times.

As for the P1540, you could bleed off some pressure, but then you will still have the original problem the the previous owner tried to fix to deal with (unless it was truly low and he just added too much).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.