Sporadic SES light and exotic codes - friend's 2004 DTS - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Sporadic SES light and exotic codes - friend's 2004 DTS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All you need to replace the WP is the large O ring rear seal and the cover gasket. The '04 ...
    Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Sporadic SES light and exotic codes - friend's 2004 DTS

All you need to replace the WP is the large O ring rear seal and the cover gasket. The '04 should definitely have the updated version.

c_d
    c_d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Beetle 2.5L Manual, 08 Audi A3 TDI, 04 DeVille DTS

OK, that was the last straw, this catastrophe of a car goes where slip's car is going, too: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l-l-adieu.html

A couple of days ago, I had a professional garage change the water pump, thermostat, all hoses, etc. to close that annoying cooling systems chapter. It is indeed closed now. I had to leave for a couple of day and when I came back, the Deville was dead. My wife's beater car, a poor 06 VW Beetle, was able to jump start the Deville but I immediately noticed light smoke coming from the back part of the engine close to the firewall. I switched it off, ran upstairs to get a flashlight, and restarted it. While I did not observe any smoke, it still smells burned.

I then bought a new battery and installed it (found around $4 and a what would jesus do bracelet under the back seat). Car starts but not as aggressive as it used to, so I am not super confident. In addition to that, I now hear a periodic 3-clack "Toc-toc-toc" sound from the drivers side rear of the car every now and then.

On a side note, the mechanic performed TWO smoke tests to find hat annoying reason for the both banks lean codes. Nothing. Another told me that he suspects a minor oil leak to be the reason for his undetectable vacuum leak but that doesn't sound right. When the caddy was driven by my friend, I only recall putting a little less that 1 quart of oil in once every 2k miles.

After reading slip's post, I just realised that this thing needs to go, too. It has been nothing but trouble.

Maybe it needs an exorcist.

c_d
    c_d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Beetle 2.5L Manual, 08 Audi A3 TDI, 04 DeVille DTS

Ranger, it needed so much more than that. It's just a cursed car. Last week I updated the stickers for the sale. The car somehow sensed it and I had a horrific drive. At first the odometer lighting turned really dark out of the sudden, then the DIC displayed "CHECK FUEL GAUGE". Afterwards the usual lean codes came back. TPMS was shouting about one tire. The car felt sluggish for a little bit. I stopped at a gas station to check the air but it was on-spot. After restarting the car, none of the above problems were displayed. Anyway, I got the stickers and traded the Deville for a 06 Crown Victoria P71.

Not close as luxurious of a ride but it starts, drives, and performs flawlessly.

Wise choice. That car had gremlins.

Same thing with my daughters '99 Grand Am. Bought it with 40 some thousand miles last Feb. due to her '04 Grand Am getting totaled. Got fed up with it and traded it last month for an '04 SLS with 135K.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.