02 deville on 26's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By basscatt
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 02 deville on 26's in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok so I have a buddy of mine that came to me with a new project, he wants to put ...
    luiskey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

02 deville on 26's

Ok so I have a buddy of mine that came to me with a new project, he wants to put 26 in rims on his 02 deville. Now I know how these cars look with these size wheels, not my favorite, but regardless its his car and well money is money so im going to do it for him. My question is what do I have to.do to fit that size wheels? Iv done plenty of slammed cars and trucks and lifted plenty of trucks, just never lifted a car before. Is there any kits out there for this? Iv looked and came up empty, and I imagine that is what I have to.do is lift the car up to.fit the wheels, along with maybe some cutting and shaving the fender wells, and rolling the fenders. I estimate based on the measurments I took the car has to go up about 5 maybe 6 inches. So again, is there anyone who makes a kit for this? Or anyone that sells parts that I.need for this?

Any help is appreciated thanks!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Re: 02 deville on 26's

The FWD suspension design is not conductive to this proposed modification. If it's possible then somebody has already done it and bragged about it on the net. Find them and study how they did it. I would guess you'd have to customize the entire chassis making it a job larger than the ability's or worth in trouble.

Vernon

Iv seen plenty of these cars on the net and in person riding.on 26's. And I don't think its fwd it has a northstar v8 unless I'm mistaking those are rwd right? Could be wrong wouldn't doubt it, but I know it can be done I'm.just not sure how to go about starting.it. I was thinking maybe getting some taller springs and swapping.em out, I'm just not sure wat other models i can take em.off of for this, maybe a gm truck but not too sure. Any other ideas???? Help.needed

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

it can be done and it has been done
    22" is as big as you can go without doing serious modifications (still some modifications needed)
    i think 20" is as big as you can go without any modification
    be aware that it will probably ride like crap unless you spend a ton of money putting in a new suspension system (air ride or hydraulics or something like that)
    and even then it still won't ride smooth
    and also be aware that you will probably go through tires about once a year (or sooner) depending on a lot of other factors

haven't talked you out of it yet?
    well i tried
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Well like I said, its not my car I'm doing this job for someone else, which I have mentioned the above points to him and he still wants to do it. I'm only doing the work for him its not my car I would never do that. My question was does anyone have any ideas on how to get it done.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

that's on you ... there's not many people who go bigger than 22" and whatever it is that they do to go that big they don't tell
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by luiskey
    Iv seen plenty of these cars on the net and in person riding.on 26's. And I don't think its fwd it has a northstar v8 unless I'm mistaking those are rwd right?
    Devilles have been FWD since '85.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by luiskey View Post
    Iv seen plenty of these cars on the net and in person riding.on 26's. And I don't think its fwd it has a northstar v8 unless I'm mistaking those are rwd right? Could be wrong wouldn't doubt it, but I know it can be done I'm.just not sure how to go about starting.it. I was thinking maybe getting some taller springs and swapping.em out, I'm just not sure wat other models i can take em.off of for this, maybe a gm truck but not too sure. Any other ideas???? Help.needed
    -------------------
    Iv seen plenty of these cars on the net
    and in person riding.on 26's.
    And I don't think its fwd it has a northstar v8
    unless I'm mistaking those are rwd right?

please don't take this the wrong way - but -
    judging by this statement -
    you are NOT qualified to redesign the suspension system -
    to incorporate 26" wheels -

do a google search for "2002 DEVILLE DONK"
    it will turn up several companies that make special kits
    to do this ridiculous modification -

just remember this -

FRIENDS don't let friends drive DONKS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.