Subwoofer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Subwoofer in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 03 cadillac deville and my subwoofer sounds like it is blown. What is the recommended subwoofer to ...
    jsandoval713 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Subwoofer

I have a 03 cadillac deville and my subwoofer sounds like it is blown. What is the recommended subwoofer to replace it with? Anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SGWORLDWIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Deville DTS (Sold)

Re: Subwoofer

The OE sub it came with u most likely dont have the bose sysyem as it was a option on the base deville, u need to be sure a what system u have look at the radio HU if it says bose then u have it if not u dont, ebay is your friend

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Do a search here in the forums, I found a replacement dual 2 ohm free air and used it on my old 01 deville. When my son's went in his Deville, we used a new surround kit on his sub. The surround is usually all that fails on these. That was the cheapest route, but both methods worked well for me. Also, some guys on this forum found a CTS sub that interchanges and is much cheaper than the Deville replacement to buy new. Since this problem is so common, if you buy used, you may need another one in a month or so. Been there.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by jsandoval713 View Post
    I have a 03 cadillac deville and my subwoofer sounds like it is blown. What is the recommended subwoofer to replace it with? Anyone?
    ------------------------
    a little known secrete is the sub for a CTS - GM#9376880 -
    is the same as our Deville and Seville at 1/3 the cost - $75 - shipped -

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-937688...ref=pd_ys_iyr1

purelux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville
    You may also want to make sure the sub isn't just loose if yours has the 4 plastic pins that hold it. I had my trunk open and was able to push up slightly on the frame. A little outdoor caulking and quieted right down. Though when its cold -40ish the particle/wood the carpet on the rear deck is glued to rattles its weak around the rear of the sub. You can try bracing it somehow I may try some dynomat there to quiet it till can remove back seat for better access.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Just had shop replace mine.. Sounded like it was blown.......It was lol .the sub was $100 new from GM.

jsandoval713 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    All great advice... Thanks a lot. One more thing. Is that the only way to get to the woofer? (remove the back seat?)

salvi02dhs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac deville DHS and 1971 cadillac sedan deville
    You shouldn't have to on my 02 DHS with the Bose you could get to it from the trunk. You just have to take down the carpet/liner below the sub and it should be accessible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.