1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, lots of deville 99 questions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok so for a long time the cadis been leaking coolant... i fanally got all the leaks (2 pinhole and ...
- 03-02-13 09:15 PM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 1999 cadillac deville
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
lots of deville 99 questions
Ok so for a long time the cadis been leaking coolant... i fanally got all the leaks (2 pinhole and 2 bad clamps) so head gaskets though thank goodness!. i still leak a little oil but thats getting taken care of soon. ivbeen thinking im just gonna drive this thing till it burns out and iv been wanting a new car bad mostly due to th leaks and problems i thought my car was gonna die soon. but now that iv got the majors taken care off when i think about it i love this thing, rides soooo smooth, and roomy as hell. could get better mpg though! my questions to you all are a few thing not so big deal things.
its a 99 cadi deville de elegance
1. my fuel gauge is messed up the number constantly changes... says f for full when its almost out, its not hard to just reset the gallons of fuel used to keep track but id love to fix it
2. 2 id love a cool radio to put in, i was thinking a touch screen, dvd player, aux jack, maybe sd card reader. what would you all recomend? dont want to spend anything crazy but something decent
3. the buttons on my sterring wheel (theres 4) volume up/down, select, ac setting, and temp. they dont quite work.... volume will turn up but not down, select does nothing, ac will turn temp up but not down, and ac setting will turn the speed down but not up... any idea whats going on here? easy fix please =)
4. when i first start my car it runs rough for but the second i put it in drive and hit the gas it stops about 4 seconds later... doesnt matter much but still... also my parking break doesnt auto release like its suppost to, you have to pull the handle
id like new car... but there just so expencive and im not very well off with my job, make about 10 hour maybe a little more depending so if i could keep this thing going stong iv heard of the lasting to over 250000+ miles. so any ideas would be great beacause i really do like this cadi and with a few cheap parts it could look damn good cosmetically
- Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
- 03-02-13 09:45 PM #2
Re: lots of deville 99 questions
parking brake: vacuum operated release, check the vac hoses RF engine compartment near the strut(behind it and just towards engine), they rot out there.
Steering wheel buttons: it uses same wires just different resistance to send signals regardless off side(both sides use same wires). They are known to fail, might be a broken wire or other wiring problem.
When you put new HU in, don't hack the wiring or you'll regret it. Theses are particular beasts. Look for N*Caddy posts(and others) about relocating HU to trunk and installing double din HU's.
Sounds like fuel level sensor is wacked, time for new pump/sending unit. You can replace just the sending unit I believe, but since you have to drop the tank change pump or if you're luck is like mine the pump will fail in a month.
- 03-02-13 11:11 PM #3
Re: lots of deville 99 questions
Also check the parking brake release diaphragm. It's on the parking brake mechanism. It is also a common leak point.