should I keep or let go - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, should I keep or let go in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; skipgate is correct.. Dump it before you put another dime in it. I wish I did mine and so far ...
    The Donald is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville delagance

Re: should I keep or let go

skipgate is correct.. Dump it before you put another dime in it. I wish I did mine and so far the hg is holding at 164K But we will dump it if the hg goes on our 5000 mi long trip. We'll take it to a salvage yard, rent a car and continue on with our trip. There just has to come a point when you have to say"no more" (unless your rich) and then if you are you can buy new.My 98 deville looks like it just came off the showroom floor and it would hurt like hell to see it go to salvage but like I said fixing and fixing goes only so far.If its not hg you may give it another look A hg is the only way I would ever get rid of mine. But I've replaced the entire suspension system, fuel pump,(had to have tank dropped (98) plus some other things I cant remember right now. Was going to get the astro roof fixed so it would open. But was advised by the dealer ship to just leave it closed. Its not leaking. Because it would cost more than the cars worth to fix it. You cant buy just parts for it anymore you have to buy the entire unit, Cost ? 1600 to 3000 dollars. Labor included of course. Dont know if I would buy another older than 2006 next time. But you cant beat that Cadillas ride. Nothing even comes close.
    Good luck in sorting this out..

Sheryllynne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Deville

Re: should I keep or let go

so today put new plugs and wires in due to the misfire code, cleared the code and all seems well. In fact ran so smooth. #2 and #5 were worn and just replaced all. Now I'm going to get a 18lb radiator cap and see if that solves my low coolant issue, since the car never overheats. Thanks again for great insight.
    Sheryl

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.