Service Air Bag
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Service Air Bag in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The DIC is showing me this. How would I go about fixing this problem? Can I just order a new ...
  1. #1
    devillesoill3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    28

    Service Air Bag

    The DIC is showing me this. How would I go about fixing this problem? Can I just order a new unit? Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    MoistCabbage's Avatar
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Boston MA.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    22,469
    You need to know what the problem is before you can fix it.

    What year?

    Go to the top of the FWD Deville/Fleetwood page, a and read the "sticky" thread on how to pull codes. List any codes you find, AND THEIR DEFINITIONS, here (there's a link within the sticky with code definitions).

  4. #3
    devillesoill3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    28
    Thread Starter
    It's a 97 base model Deville. I pulled the idea but none of them refer to the airbags.

  5. #4
    MoistCabbage's Avatar
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Boston MA.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    22,469
    If you're getting an air bag light/message, you have a related B code. What codes are you getting, current and history?

  6. #5
    devillesoill3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    28
    Thread Starter
    I got a couple codes coming up but the SDM B relied codes are B1126 current B1147 history B1148 history

  7. #6
    MoistCabbage's Avatar
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Boston MA.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    22,469
    They're meaningless without their definitions.

  8. #7
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE's Avatar
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    822
    Quote Originally Posted by devillesoill3
    I got a couple codes coming up but the SDM B relied codes are B1126 current B1147 history B1148 history
    If u dnt have the definitions ill postm for u when I get off work

    I'm pretty sure these are your SIR communication fault codes tho. I remember getn them when I installed new modules from a 99 Deville. Can't use different year modules bc they dnt link or talk to each other right

    But dnt quote me as to the problem jus yet... Could be an entirely different issue

  9. #8
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE's Avatar
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    822
    OMG

    I forgot to check these last night but I gotm in a few hours!!!

  10. #9
    Slipgate is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    46
    Posts
    674

    Re: Service Air Bag

    Does it show it all the time? I get that once in awhile on my 98 but clear it and it doesn't come back.

  11. #10
    devillesoill3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    28
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPER LAC DEVILLE

    If u dnt have the definitions ill postm for u when I get off work

    I'm pretty sure these are your SIR communication fault codes tho. I remember getn them when I installed new modules from a 99 Deville. Can't use different year modules bc they dnt link or talk to each other right

    But dnt quote me as to the problem jus yet... Could be an entirely different issue
    I appreciate the help I'm in the boat gotta work! How else am I going to finance these repairs lol. When I get time ill post the definitions as well I might need a new unit but idk till I do a more thorough search.

  12. #11
    mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    77
    Posts
    869

    Re: Service Air Bag

    B1126 is driver deployment loop open. Mike

  13. #12
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE's Avatar
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    822

    Re: Service Air Bag

    DTC B1126 Driver Deployment Loop Open

    Circuit Description
    When you first turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical malfunctions within itself. Next the SDM measures Ignition Positive Voltage voltage to make sure it is within its respective normal voltage range. Then the SDM proceeds with the DEPLOYMENT LOOP CONTINUITY test. During the DEPLOYMENT LOOP CONTINUITY test, the SDM measures the voltage difference between DRIVER FRONTAL HIGH and DRIVER FRONTAL LOW.

    Conditions for Setting the DTC

    • The voltage difference between DRIVER FRONTAL HIGH terminal 10 and DRIVER FRONTAL LOW terminal 9 is more than or equal to 426 millivolts.

    • The malfunction must be present for at least 500 milliseconds during one of the following tests:

    - DEPLOYMENT LOOP CONTINUITY

    - If the malfunction is detected in this test, the RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT test will not be performed.

    - CONTINUOUS MONITORING

    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    • The SDM sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code.

    • The SDM commands the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to turn ON the AIR BAG warning lamp.

    Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
    • Current DTC

    The voltage difference between DRIVER FRONTAL HIGH terminal 10 and DRIVER FRONTAL LOW terminal 9 is less than 426 millivolts for 500 milliseconds.

    • History DTC

    - You issue a scan tool CLEAR CODES command.

    - Once 250 malfunction free ignition cycles have occurred.

    Diagnostic Aids
    The following can cause an intermittent condition:


    • A poor connection at the inflatable restraint steering wheel module column connector terminals A and B.

    • A poor connection at the upper inflatable restraint steering wheel coil connector terminals A and B.

    • A poor connection at the SDM terminals 10 and 9.

    • An open in CKT 347.

    • An open in CKT 348.

    An intermittent open in the inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil could also set this DTC. To test for a bad inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil, clear the DTCs, then turn the steering wheel back and forth with the ignition switch in the RUN position. If the AIR BAG warning lamp comes ON and DTC B1126 has set again, it is likely the inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil is malfunctioning.

    The diagnostic table directs the technician to note the scan tool value of DRIVER VDIF. Comparing the value of DRIVER VDIF can be helpful in determining if an intermittent condition exists.

    When measurements are requested in this table, use the J 39200 DMM with the correct terminal adapter from the J 35616 Connector Test Adapter Kit. When an inspection for proper connection is requested, refer to Testing for Electrical Intermittents in Wiring Systems. When a wire, connector or terminal repair is requested, use the J-38125 Terminal Repair Kit and refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

    Test Description
    The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table:

    This test determines the deployment loop voltage difference measured by the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM).

    This test checks for proper contact or corrosion of the yellow 2-way connector.

    This test isolates the malfunction to one side of the inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil yellow 2-way connector.

    This test determines whether the malfunction is due to the inflatable restraint steering wheel module or the module coil.

    This test checks for proper contact or corrosion of the SDM connector.

    This test determines whether the malfunction is in CKT 347.

    This test determines whether the malfunction is in CKT 348.

    DTC B1126 Driver Deployment Loop Open Step
    Action
    Value(s)
    Yes
    No

    1
    Was the SIR Diagnostic System Check performed?
    --
    Go to Step 2
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    2
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Connect a scan tool to the DLC.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Request the SIR data list display.
    Read and record on the repair order the driver deployment loop voltage difference DRIVER VDIF.
    Has the DRIVER VDIF been read and recorded on the repair order?
    --
    Go to Step 3
    --

    3
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint steering wheel and IP module yellow 2-way connectors at the base of the steering column and behind the IP compartment.
    Inspect for proper connection at terminals A and B on the harness side of the inflatable restraint steering wheel module yellow 2-way connector.
    Are the terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 6

    4
    Replace the inflatable restraint steering wheel module yellow 2-way harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 5
    --

    5
    Check for proper connection at terminals A and B on the coil side of the connector.

    Are the terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 7
    Go to Step 23

    6
    Check for proper connection at terminals A and B on the coil side of the connector.

    Are the terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 7
    Go to Step 8

    7
    Replace the inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Steering Wheel Module Coil in Steering.

    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    8
    Connect the 2-way harness connectors.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position
    Using the scan tool, request the SIR data list display.
    Read the driver deployment loop voltage difference DRIVER VDIF.
    Is the DRIVER VDIF less than the specified value?
    426 mV
    Go to Step 9
    Go to Step 10

    9
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Replace the inflatable restraint steering wheel module yellow 2-way harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .
    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    10
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint steering wheel and IP module yellow 2-way connectors at the base of the steering column and behind the IP compartment.
    Connect the J 38715-A SIR Driver/Passenger Load Tool at the harness connectors.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Using the scan tool, request the SIR data list display.
    Read the driver deployment loop voltage difference DRIVER VDIF.
    Is the DRIVER VDIF less than the specified value?
    426 mV
    Go to Step 11
    Go to Step 14

    11
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Remove the inflatable restraint steering wheel module. Refer to Steering.
    Disconnect the J 38715-A from the driver yellow 2-way harness connector.
    Reconnect the driver yellow 2-way connector.
    Connect the J 38715-A to the upper inflatable restraint steering wheel module connector.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Using the scan tool, request the SIR data list display.
    Read the driver deployment loop voltage difference VDIF.
    Is the DRIVER VDIF less than the specified value?
    426 mV
    Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 13

    12
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Replace the inflatable restraint steering wheel module. Refer to Steering.
    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    13
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Replace the inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil. Refer to Steering.
    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    14
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM).
    Disconnect the J 38715-A .
    Check for proper connection at terminals 10 and 9 on the harness side of the SDM connector.
    Is the connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 15
    Go to Step 17

    15
    Replace the SDM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 16
    --

    16
    Check for proper connection at terminals 10 and 9 of the SDM.

    Are the terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 18
    Go to Step 23

    17
    Check for proper connection at terminals 10 and 9 of the SDM.

    Are the terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 18
    Go to Step 19

    18
    Replace the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM). Refer to Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement .

    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    19
    Zero the J 39200 Digital Multimeter (DMM).
    Measure the resistance from the SDM harness connector terminal 10 to the inflatable restraint steering wheel module yellow 2-way harness connector terminal A.
    Is the resistance reading within the specified values?
    0.0-0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 21
    Go to Step 20

    20
    Repair the high resistance condition in CKT 347.

    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    21
    Zero the J 39200 .
    Measure the resistance from the SDM harness connector terminal 9 to the inflatable restraint steering wheel module yellow 2-way harness connector terminal B.
    Is the resistance reading within the specified values?
    0.0-0.5 ohms
    Go to Sensing and Diagnostic Module Integrity Check
    Go to Step 22

    22
    Repair the high resistance condition in CKT 348.

    Are the repairs complete?
    --
    Go to Step 23
    --

    23
    Reconnect all the SIR system components, make sure all the components are properly mounted.

    Have all the SIR components been reconnected and properly mounted?
    --
    Go to Step 24
    --

    24
    Clear all the SIR DTCs.

    Have all the SIR DTCs been cleared?
    --
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check
    --
    mike5514 and mike5514 like this.

  14. #13
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE's Avatar
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    822

    Re: Service Air Bag

    DTC B1148 Pass. Side Air Bag System Malfunction



    Circuit Description
    When you turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) performs tests to diagnose critical malfunctions within itself. The SISM then tests for the following conditions:

    • Deployment loop open.

    • Deployment loop short to ground

    • Deployment loop short to ignition

    • Deployment loop resistance high

    • Deployment loop resistance low

    • Deployment reserve energy failure

    The inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) transmits a pulse width modulated signal to the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) over CKT 2108. A 300 millisecond pulse width with a 50 percent duty cycle is the Normal mode and indicates that the SISM is operating normally and no faults exist. The SISM communicates that it is turning OFF (ignition OFF) by sending a 20 millisecond pulse width modulated signal with a 50 percent duty cycle.

    Conditions for Setting the DTC
    The SDM receives a pulse width signal other than the Normal signal, or no signal at all. The SISM performs tests during POWER-ON tests, CONTINUOUS MONITORING tests, and Asynchronously.

    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    • The SDM sets DTC B1148.

    • The SDM commands the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to turn ON the AIR BAG warning lamp.

    Conditions for Clearing the DTC
    • Current DTC

    - The SDM receives a Normal signal from the SISM.

    - The ignition switch is cycled.

    • History DTC:

    - You issue a scan tool CLEAR CODES command.

    - 250 malfunction-free ignition cycles occur.

    If a side impact deployment occurs the SISM must be replaced. Follow the instructions in the diagnostic table.

    Diagnostic Aids
    A poor connection can cause an intermittent condition. Check the following for a poor connection:

    • The SISM.

    • The inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.

    • The SDM terminal 14.

    • The wire to terminal connections of all circuits going to the SISM.

    If you suspect that the SISM may be the cause of the malfunction, you can switch the SISMs in order to verify an internal SISM malfunction.

    When measurements are requested in this table, use the J 39200 DMM with the correct terminal adapter from the J 35616 Connector Test Adapter Kit. When an inspection for proper connection is requested, refer to Testing for Electrical Intermittents in Wiring Systems. When a wire, connector or terminal repair is requested, use the J-38125 Terminal Repair Kit and refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

    Test Description
    The numbers below refer to step numbers on the diagnostic table.

    If the passenger inflatable restraint side impact inflator deployed, B1148 will set.

    Components require inspection and possibly replacement after a side impact accident, whether deployment occurred or not.

    This test determines if the malfunction is in the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 1751.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 1139.

    This test checks for a short-to-ground in CKT 2104.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 2104.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2104.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2103.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2103.

    This test checks for high resistance or open in CKT 2103.

    This test checks for a short-to-ground in CKT 2108.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2108.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 2108.

    If all wiring and connections are OK, then and only then should the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) be replaced.

    DTC B1148 Passenger Side Air Bag System Malfunction Step
    Action
    Value(s)
    Yes
    No

    1
    Was the SIR Diagnostic System Check performed?
    --
    Go to Step 2
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    2
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

    Has the passenger inflatable restraint side impact inflator module deployed?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 3

    3
    Inspect the passenger side of the vehicle and the undercarriage for signs of a side impact.

    Are there signs of a side impact?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 5

    4
    Replace the components and perform the inspections as directed in Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision .

    Has all the repairs and inspections been completed?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    5
    Remove the SIR Fuse from the trunk compartment fuse block.
    Remove the RH front door panel. Refer to Door Trim Panels in Doors.
    Disconnect the passenger side air bag yellow 2-way connector located 15 cm (6 in ) below the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.
    Inspect the 2-way harness connector for damage and corrosion.
    Is the harness connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 6
    Go to Step 7

    6
    Replace the passenger side air bag yellow 2-way harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 42
    --

    7
    Inspect the 2-way the passenger side air bag yellow 2-way connector for damage and corrosion.

    Is the connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 10
    Go to Step 8

    8
    Reconnect the passenger side air bag yellow 2-way connector.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is DTC B1148 current?
    --
    Go to Step 9
    Go to Step 43

    9
    Remove the SIR Fuse from the trunk compartment fuse block.
    Disconnect the passenger side air bag yellow 2-way connector. Connect the J 38715-A SIR Driver/Passenger Load Tool and the appropriate adapter to the 2-way harness connector.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is DTC B1148 current?
    --
    Go to Step 11
    Go to Step 10

    10
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Replace the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Module Replacement - Right Side .
    Has the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    11
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Remove the SIR Fuse.
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM).
    Check for proper connection at the SISM at all terminals of the SISM harness connector.
    Are any of the SISM harness connector terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 13

    12
    Replace the SISM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    13
    Carefully inspect the SISM connector terminals for damage or corrosion.

    Are any of the SISM connector terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 14
    Go to Step 15

    14
    Replace the SISM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Has the SISM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    15
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal C to ground.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 17
    Go to Step 16

    16
    Repair an open condition in CKT 1751 between the SISM and splice S370.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    17
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal E to each terminal of the SIR Fuse fuseholder.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 19
    Go to Step 18

    18
    Repair an open condition in CKT 1139 between the SISM and splice S319.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    19
    Disconnect the J 38715-A and the adapter from the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module harness connector.
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal A to ground.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 20
    Go to Step 21

    20
    Repair a short-to-ground condition in CKT 2104.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    21
    Zero the J 39200 Digital Multimeter (DMM).
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal A to the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module terminal B.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 23
    Go to Step 22

    22
    Repair a high resistance condition in CKT 2104.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    23
    Make sure the SISM and the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module are disconnected.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal A to ground.
    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 24
    Go to Step 25

    24
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2104.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    25
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal B to ground.

    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 26
    Go to Step 27

    26
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2103.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    27
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal B to ground.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 28
    Go to Step 29

    28
    Repair a short-to-ground condition in CKT 2103.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    29
    Zero the J 39200 .
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal B to the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module harness connector terminal A.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 31
    Go to Step 30

    30
    Repair a high resistance or open condition in CKT 2103.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    31
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal D to ground.

    Is the resistance more than the specified value?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 32
    Go to Step 33

    32
    Repair a short to-ground condition in CKT 2108.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    33
    Make sure the SISM and the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module are disconnected.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal D to ground.
    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 34
    Go to Step 35

    34
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2108.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    35
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Disable the Frontal SIR system. Refer to Disabling the SIR System .
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM).
    Check for proper connection of terminal 14 of the SDM harness connector.
    Is terminal 14 of the SDM harness connector damaged or corroded?


    Go to Step 36
    Go to Step 37

    36
    Replace the SDM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    37
    Carefully inspect SDM terminal 14 for damage or corrosion.

    Is terminal 14 of the SDM harness connector damaged or corroded?

    Go to Step 38
    Go to Step 39

    38
    Replace the SDM. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement .

    Has the SDM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    39
    Measure the resistance from the SDM terminal 14 to the SISM harness connector terminal D.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 41
    Go to Step 40

    40
    Repair a high resistance or open condition in CKT 2108.

    Is the circuit repair complete?

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    41
    Replace the SISM Refer to Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement - Left Side .

    Has the SISM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 42
    --

    42
    Reconnect all the SIR System components. make sure all the components are properly mounted.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Staying well away from all of the inflator modules, turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is B1148 current?
    --
    Go to Sensing and Diagnostic Module Integrity Check
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    43
    Reconnect all the SIR System components. Make sure all the components are properly mounted.

    Have all the SIR System components been properly mounted?
    --
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

  15. #14
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE's Avatar
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    822

    Re: Service Air Bag

    DTC B1147 Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction

    Circuit Description
    When you turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) performs tests to diagnose critical malfunctions within itself. The SISM then tests for the following conditions:

    • Deployment loop open.

    • Deployment loop short to ground

    • Deployment loop short to ignition

    • Deployment loop resistance high

    • Deployment loop resistance low

    • Deployment reserve energy failure

    The inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) transmits a pulse width modulated signal to the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) over CKT 2107. A 300 millisecond pulse width with a 50 percent duty cycle is the Normal mode and indicates that the SISM is operating normally and no faults exist. The SISM communicates that it is turning OFF (ignition OFF) by sending a 20 millisecond pulse width modulated signal with a 50 percent duty cycle.

    Conditions for Setting the DTC
    The SDM receives a pulse width signal other than the Normal signal, or no signal at all. The SISM performs tests during POWER-ON tests, CONTINUOUS MONITORING tests, and Asynchronously.

    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    • The SDM sets DTC B1147.

    • The SDM commands the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to turn ON the AIR BAG warning lamp.

    Conditions for Clearing the DTC
    • Current DTC

    - The SDM receives a Normal signal from the SISM.

    - The ignition switch is cycled.

    • History DTC:

    - You issue a scan tool CLEAR CODES command.

    - 250 malfunction-free ignition cycles occur.

    If a side impact deployment occurs the SISM must be replaced. Follow the instructions in the diagnostic table.

    Diagnostic Aids
    A poor connection can cause an intermittent condition. Check the following for a poor connection:

    • The SISM.

    • The inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.

    • The SDM terminal 13.

    • The wire to terminal connections of all circuits going to the SISM.

    If you suspect that the SISM may be the cause of the malfunction, you can switch the SISMs in order to verify an internal SISM malfunction.

    When measurements are requested in this table, use the J 39200 DMM with the correct terminal adapter from the J 35616 Connector Test Adapter Kit. When an inspection for proper connection is requested, refer to Testing for Electrical Intermittents in Wiring Systems. When a wire, connector or terminal repair is requested, use the J-38125 Terminal Repair Kit and refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

    Test Description
    The numbers below refer to step numbers on the diagnostic table.

    If the driver inflatable restraint side impact inflator deployed, B1147 will set.

    Components require inspection and possibly replacement after a side impact accident, whether deployment occurred or not.

    This test determines if the malfunction is in the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 1751.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 1139.

    This test checks for a short-to-ground in CKT 2106.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 2106.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2106.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2105.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2105.

    This test checks for high resistance or open in CKT 2105.

    This test checks for a short-to-ground in CKT 2107.

    This test checks for a short to voltage in CKT 2107.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 2107.

    If all wiring and connections are OK, then and only then should the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) be replaced.

    DTC B1147 Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction Step
    Action
    Value(s)
    Yes
    No

    1
    Was the SIR Diagnostic System Check performed?
    --
    Go to Step 2
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    2
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

    Has the driver inflatable restraint side impact inflator module deployed?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 3

    3
    Inspect the driver side of the vehicle and the undercarriage for signs of a side impact.

    Are there signs of a side impact?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 5

    4
    Replace the components and perform the inspections as directed in Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision .

    Has all the repairs and inspections been completed?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    5
    Remove the SIR Fuse from the trunk compartment fuse block.
    Remove the LH front door panel. Refer to Door Trim Panels in Doors.
    Disconnect the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector located 15 cm (6 in ) below the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.
    Inspect the 2-way harness connector for damage and corrosion.
    Is the harness connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 6
    Go to Step 7

    6
    Replace the driver side air bag yellow 2-way harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 42
    --

    7
    Inspect the 2-way the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector for damage and corrosion.

    Is the connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 10
    Go to Step 8

    8
    Reconnect the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is DTC B1147 current?
    --
    Go to Step 9
    Go to Step 43

    9
    Remove the SIR Fuse from the trunk compartment fuse block.
    Disconnect the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector. Connect the J 38715-A SIR Driver/Passenger Load Tool and the appropriate adapter to the 2-way harness connector.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is DTC B1147 current?
    --
    Go to Step 11
    Go to Step 10

    10
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Replace the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Module Replacement - Left Side .
    Has the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    11
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Remove the SIR Fuse.
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM).
    Check for proper connection at the SISM at all terminals of the SISM harness connector.
    Are any of the SISM harness connector terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 13

    12
    Replace the SISM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    13
    Carefully inspect the SISM connector terminals for damage or corrosion.

    Are any of the SISM connector terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 14
    Go to Step 15

    14
    Replace the SISM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Has the SISM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    15
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal C to ground.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 17
    Go to Step 16

    16
    Repair an open condition in CKT 1751 between the SISM and splice S370.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    17
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal E to each terminal of the SIR Fuse fuseholder.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 19
    Go to Step 18

    18
    Repair an open condition in CKT 1139 between the SISM and splice S319.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    19
    Disconnect the J 38715-A and the adapter from the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module harness connector.
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal A to ground.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 20
    Go to Step 21

    20
    Repair a short-to-ground condition in CKT 2106.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    21
    Zero the J 39200 Digital Multimeter (DMM).
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal A to the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module terminal B.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 23
    Go to Step 22

    22
    Repair a high resistance condition in CKT 2106.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    23
    Make sure the SISM and the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module are disconnected.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal A to ground.
    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 24
    Go to Step 25

    24
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2106.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    25
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal B to ground.

    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 26
    Go to Step 27

    26
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2105.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    27
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal B to ground.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 28
    Go to Step 29

    28
    Repair a short-to-ground condition in CKT 2105.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    29
    Zero the J 39200 .
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal B to the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module harness connector terminal A.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 31
    Go to Step 30

    30
    Repair a high resistance or open condition in CKT 2105.

    Is the circuit repair complete?

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    31
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal D to ground.

    Is the resistance more than the specified value?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 32
    Go to Step 33

    32
    Repair a short to-ground condition in CKT 2107.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    33
    Make sure the SISM and the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module are disconnected.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal D to ground.
    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 34
    Go to Step 35

    34
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2107.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    35
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Disable the Frontal SIR system. Refer to Disabling the SIR System .
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM).
    Check for proper connection of terminal 13 of the SDM harness connector.
    Is terminal 13 of the SDM harness connector damaged or corroded?

    Go to Step 36
    Go to Step 37

    36
    Replace the SDM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    37
    Carefully inspect SDM terminal 13 for damage or corrosion.

    Is terminal 13 of the SDM harness connector damaged or corroded?

    Go to Step 38
    Go to Step 39

    38
    Replace the SDM. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement .

    Has the SDM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    39
    Measure the resistance from the SDM terminal 13 to the SISM harness connector terminal D.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 41
    Go to Step 40

    40
    Repair a high resistance or open condition in CKT 2107.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    41
    Replace the SISM Refer to Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement - Left Side .

    Has the SISM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 42
    --

    42
    Reconnect all the SIR System components. make sure all the components are properly mounted.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Staying well away from all of the inflator modules, turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is B1147 current?
    --
    Go to Sensing and Diagnostic Module Integrity Check
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    43
    Reconnect all the SIR System components. Make sure all the components are properly mounted.

    Have all the SIR System components been properly mounted?
    --
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check
    --

    ----------

    Sorry for the multi post... It wouldnt let me put all that in one post

  16. #15
    basscatt's Avatar
    basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,359

    Re: Service Air Bag

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPER LAC DEVILLE View Post
    DTC B1147 Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction

    Circuit Description
    When you turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) performs tests to diagnose critical malfunctions within itself. The SISM then tests for the following conditions:

    • Deployment loop open.

    • Deployment loop short to ground

    • Deployment loop short to ignition

    • Deployment loop resistance high

    • Deployment loop resistance low

    • Deployment reserve energy failure

    The inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) transmits a pulse width modulated signal to the inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) over CKT 2107. A 300 millisecond pulse width with a 50 percent duty cycle is the Normal mode and indicates that the SISM is operating normally and no faults exist. The SISM communicates that it is turning OFF (ignition OFF) by sending a 20 millisecond pulse width modulated signal with a 50 percent duty cycle.

    Conditions for Setting the DTC
    The SDM receives a pulse width signal other than the Normal signal, or no signal at all. The SISM performs tests during POWER-ON tests, CONTINUOUS MONITORING tests, and Asynchronously.

    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    • The SDM sets DTC B1147.

    • The SDM commands the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to turn ON the AIR BAG warning lamp.

    Conditions for Clearing the DTC
    • Current DTC

    - The SDM receives a Normal signal from the SISM.

    - The ignition switch is cycled.

    • History DTC:

    - You issue a scan tool CLEAR CODES command.

    - 250 malfunction-free ignition cycles occur.

    If a side impact deployment occurs the SISM must be replaced. Follow the instructions in the diagnostic table.

    Diagnostic Aids
    A poor connection can cause an intermittent condition. Check the following for a poor connection:

    • The SISM.

    • The inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.

    • The SDM terminal 13.

    • The wire to terminal connections of all circuits going to the SISM.

    If you suspect that the SISM may be the cause of the malfunction, you can switch the SISMs in order to verify an internal SISM malfunction.

    When measurements are requested in this table, use the J 39200 DMM with the correct terminal adapter from the J 35616 Connector Test Adapter Kit. When an inspection for proper connection is requested, refer to Testing for Electrical Intermittents in Wiring Systems. When a wire, connector or terminal repair is requested, use the J-38125 Terminal Repair Kit and refer to Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

    Test Description
    The numbers below refer to step numbers on the diagnostic table.

    If the driver inflatable restraint side impact inflator deployed, B1147 will set.

    Components require inspection and possibly replacement after a side impact accident, whether deployment occurred or not.

    This test determines if the malfunction is in the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 1751.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 1139.

    This test checks for a short-to-ground in CKT 2106.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 2106.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2106.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2105.

    This test checks for a short-to-voltage in CKT 2105.

    This test checks for high resistance or open in CKT 2105.

    This test checks for a short-to-ground in CKT 2107.

    This test checks for a short to voltage in CKT 2107.

    This test checks for an open in CKT 2107.

    If all wiring and connections are OK, then and only then should the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM) be replaced.

    DTC B1147 Driver Side Air Bag System Malfunction Step
    Action
    Value(s)
    Yes
    No

    1
    Was the SIR Diagnostic System Check performed?
    --
    Go to Step 2
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    2
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.

    Has the driver inflatable restraint side impact inflator module deployed?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 3

    3
    Inspect the driver side of the vehicle and the undercarriage for signs of a side impact.

    Are there signs of a side impact?
    --
    Go to Step 4
    Go to Step 5

    4
    Replace the components and perform the inspections as directed in Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision .

    Has all the repairs and inspections been completed?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    5
    Remove the SIR Fuse from the trunk compartment fuse block.
    Remove the LH front door panel. Refer to Door Trim Panels in Doors.
    Disconnect the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector located 15 cm (6 in ) below the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module.
    Inspect the 2-way harness connector for damage and corrosion.
    Is the harness connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 6
    Go to Step 7

    6
    Replace the driver side air bag yellow 2-way harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 42
    --

    7
    Inspect the 2-way the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector for damage and corrosion.

    Is the connector damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 10
    Go to Step 8

    8
    Reconnect the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is DTC B1147 current?
    --
    Go to Step 9
    Go to Step 43

    9
    Remove the SIR Fuse from the trunk compartment fuse block.
    Disconnect the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector. Connect the J 38715-A SIR Driver/Passenger Load Tool and the appropriate adapter to the 2-way harness connector.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is DTC B1147 current?
    --
    Go to Step 11
    Go to Step 10

    10
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Replace the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Module Replacement - Left Side .
    Has the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    11
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Remove the SIR Fuse.
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint Side Impact Sensing Module (SISM).
    Check for proper connection at the SISM at all terminals of the SISM harness connector.
    Are any of the SISM harness connector terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 12
    Go to Step 13

    12
    Replace the SISM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    13
    Carefully inspect the SISM connector terminals for damage or corrosion.

    Are any of the SISM connector terminals damaged or corroded?
    --
    Go to Step 14
    Go to Step 15

    14
    Replace the SISM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Has the SISM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    15
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal C to ground.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 17
    Go to Step 16

    16
    Repair an open condition in CKT 1751 between the SISM and splice S370.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    17
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal E to each terminal of the SIR Fuse fuseholder.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 19
    Go to Step 18

    18
    Repair an open condition in CKT 1139 between the SISM and splice S319.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    19
    Disconnect the J 38715-A and the adapter from the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module harness connector.
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal A to ground.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 20
    Go to Step 21

    20
    Repair a short-to-ground condition in CKT 2106.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    21
    Zero the J 39200 Digital Multimeter (DMM).
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal A to the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module terminal B.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 23
    Go to Step 22

    22
    Repair a high resistance condition in CKT 2106.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    23
    Make sure the SISM and the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module are disconnected.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal A to ground.
    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 24
    Go to Step 25

    24
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2106.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    25
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal B to ground.

    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 26
    Go to Step 27

    26
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2105.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    27
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Measure the resistance from the SISM terminal B to ground.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 28
    Go to Step 29

    28
    Repair a short-to-ground condition in CKT 2105.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    29
    Zero the J 39200 .
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal B to the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module harness connector terminal A.
    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 31
    Go to Step 30

    30
    Repair a high resistance or open condition in CKT 2105.

    Is the circuit repair complete?

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    31
    Measure the resistance from the SISM harness connector terminal D to ground.

    Is the resistance more than the specified value?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 32
    Go to Step 33

    32
    Repair a short to-ground condition in CKT 2107.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    33
    Make sure the SISM and the inflatable restraint side impact inflator module are disconnected.
    Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Measure the voltage from the SISM harness connector terminal D to ground.
    Is the voltage more than the specified value?
    1 V
    Go to Step 34
    Go to Step 35

    34
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Repair a short-to-voltage condition in CKT 2107.
    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    35
    Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
    Disable the Frontal SIR system. Refer to Disabling the SIR System .
    Disconnect the inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM).
    Check for proper connection of terminal 13 of the SDM harness connector.
    Is terminal 13 of the SDM harness connector damaged or corroded?

    Go to Step 36
    Go to Step 37

    36
    Replace the SDM harness connector. Refer to Wiring Repair .

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    37
    Carefully inspect SDM terminal 13 for damage or corrosion.

    Is terminal 13 of the SDM harness connector damaged or corroded?

    Go to Step 38
    Go to Step 39

    38
    Replace the SDM. Refer to Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement .

    Has the SDM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    39
    Measure the resistance from the SDM terminal 13 to the SISM harness connector terminal D.

    Is the resistance within the specified values?
    0 - 0.5 ohms
    Go to Step 41
    Go to Step 40

    40
    Repair a high resistance or open condition in CKT 2107.

    Is the circuit repair complete?
    --
    Go to Step 43
    --

    41
    Replace the SISM Refer to Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement - Left Side .

    Has the SISM been replaced?
    --
    Go to Step 42
    --

    42
    Reconnect all the SIR System components. make sure all the components are properly mounted.
    Install the SIR Fuse.
    Staying well away from all of the inflator modules, turn the ignition switch to the RUN position.
    Is B1147 current?
    --
    Go to Sensing and Diagnostic Module Integrity Check
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check

    43
    Reconnect all the SIR System components. Make sure all the components are properly mounted.

    Have all the SIR System components been properly mounted?
    --
    Go to SIR Diagnostic System Check
    --

    ----------

    Sorry for the multi post... It wouldnt let me put all that in one post
    --------------------------------------
    do you realize ALL that stuff you pasted in here is TOTALLY USELESS?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting