2003 DTS Electronic Struts - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2003 DTS Electronic Struts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by SGWORLDWIDE Mmmh good advice yeh i would like a little more comfy ride, i remember when i ...
    Black Beauty DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS

Re: 2003 DTS Electronic Struts

Quote Originally Posted by SGWORLDWIDE View Post
    Mmmh good advice yeh i would like a little more comfy ride, i remember when i first got the DTS and i drove it i thought to my self i dont remember caddys having such a hard ride use to ride in them when i was younger, that was before i know the DTS had the sport ride insted of the classic caddy soft ride i still wanted A DTS though because for my age a regular deville is more for older people hence "The old peoples car name" yeh was just wondering because i was going to go all out and replace all with the active acdelco struts and shocks but now im thinking passive might be the way to go and ill get a more comfy ride too (just didnt know if i should swap the springs aswell with the regular deville ones) though then my other half tells me it wont be a DTS no more
    I know what you mean. When I test drove my DTS, I went down a road that was in pretty terrible shape, and the car didn't glide over the bumps like I expected a Cadillac to do. However, I also noticed that the car handled way better than any Deville has ever handled before.

If I were you I wouldn't listen too much to the other half of you that says it's not a DTS anymore, because there is alot more to a DTS than active struts and shocks. There's the center floor shifter, bucket seats, 300hp engine, 17" wheels/tires and several other features that make it a DTS.

Although I can say that I went through the same thought process as you at first, thinking I have to have the active suspension since it's a DTS, I am much happier with the smoother ride now in the back. The active valving in the struts and shocks are meant to keep the tires firmly plant on the ground, and also minimize excessive body movement, but the consequence is a firmer ride .

You can look it this way too, that if you don't like the passive struts and shocks, you can remove them and sell them since they are pretty inexpensive. Then you can install the active struts and shocks to restore it to it's original state. It all depends on what you really want.
    SGWORLDWIDE and SGWORLDWIDE like this.

SGWORLDWIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Deville DTS Black Raven, Scouting 03 Seville STS

Thank you black i really appreciate u writing that it changes my thought about it not being a DTS without the active shocks now im more interested and most likely go passive when the time comes as i can use the money saved for other parts i need as im restoring my 04 DTS littleby little, shes has alot of little annoying things that need fixing like a dropped rear left window some dashboard cluster and steering lights out and broken rear ashtray covers

pmjarvis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 DTS, 84 Town Car, (01 Deville, 97 Town Car, 79 Deville)

Quote Originally Posted by SGWORLDWIDE View Post
    Thank you black i really appreciate u writing that it changes my thought about it not being a DTS without the active shocks now im more interested and most likely go passive when the time comes as i can use the money saved for other parts i need as im restoring my 04 DTS littleby little, shes has alot of little annoying things that need fixing like a dropped rear left window some dashboard cluster and steering lights out and broken rear ashtray covers
    I' ve also got a broken rear ashtray cover, I've already spent $2000 replacing burnt out LED switches on the instrument cluster and steering wheel, and I also just noticed excessive wind noise coming from the passenger side rear door. I even have a leaking oil sending unit, but my first priority is making my DTS ride like a DHS.

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Can anybody supply the design specifications for the DTS springs?

Vernon

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.