Block Heater vs Remote Start - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Block Heater vs Remote Start in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Update: I installed Avital remote start/keyless entry systems in both my 97 & 98 in the last month. I bypassed ...
    rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    Update: I installed Avital remote start/keyless entry systems in both my 97 & 98 in the last month. I bypassed VATS since I was having issues with 97 anyways and that simplified installation. The actual installation is pretty straight forward and the system works very well with awesome distance compared to OEM. I didn't hook up rear defog yet though and may tie it into the seat heater also.
    First one took a while to figure out the exact wires to hook to. Second was a breeze.
    The worse part was getting an accurate wiring diagram for the unit without being an installer. Having a FSM was critical for sure.
    Terminology was an SOB since I'm not even slightly familiar with installing these. I wasn't hooking a wire up that I didn't know what it did. Avital is just about usless for DIY installs and information.
    Been hot here recently and they've been getting used regularly. For a cost of @$110 for both units and a new soldering iron(hey gotta have new toys) no complaints.

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

Re: Block Heater vs Remote Start

Sounds like a worthy investment! Nice work.

I have a trusty old '98 Chevy pickup truck (still runs like new), and I did the VATS bypass trick on that about six years ago. Dealer repair would have been close to $1,000. I did the bypass trick myself for about $2.

3. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.