Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2003 DTS chrome grill with emblem

7K views 51 replies 12 participants last post by  RippyPartsDept 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to get one. I heard they only made some models with that option and I just wanted to know if that's true. And screw p0149 code

#4 ·
-------------------------------
there never was a factory all chrome grill -

the DTS was painted body color - with chrome trim - and a center emblem -

the DHS was unpainted grey - with chrome trim - and a center emblem -

the BASE Deville was unpainted grey - with chrome trim - but no emblem -

there was also a special grill for the night-vision equipped cars -
they were unpainted grey - with chrome trim - and a hole where the emblem would be -

#6 ·
it was a dealer installed accessory that could be ordered with the car

you would think that it was factory installed but it was actually installed by the dealer before you took delivery

----------

and they're nearly impossible to find these days ... salvage is about the only way you can get one anymore

#7 ·
That's what I figured on grill. Code is p7041tcc stuck open. After reading threads about it seems like its a common prob. Getting code by its self also . What I'm getting is if I don't do the 3k fix the only issue is ill be loosing two or three mpg . Am I correct ?

#51 ·
Thanks for the heads up Chris, I owe you a cold one. My factory chrome grille is looking tattered and I've been wanting to cleanly update the looks of my '01 base Deville some while making it more youthful. I was considering fabricating my own grille with diamond mesh and the Cadillac crest. But after reading this post a few weeks ago and realizing that this is the look I have been trying to find for my car I Emailed the Parts Manager at De La Fuente Cadillac expecting to find that one of the guys here had beat me to it. I mean these guys had a 3 month head start on me. Much to my delight they still had it. I purchased the grille from them and have received it in great shape even though the box has obviously been passed around So. Cal. for several years. It looks really sharp! Just in case I had my local parts guy look for another one in white and primer and he couldn't find any more so I figured you already looked like you said and stopped wasting his time. They charged me the same list price as when they were a cataloged item. I don't think they even knew that they had it, and also that it was the last, which was fine with me. I'm planning on a complete repaint this year and I'll shave the hood ornament and install the grille at that time. I promise I'll post pics. This grille is pure chrome with Gold paint on the panels. My car is and will stay a shade of white. I have some OEM Bonneville diamond mesh aluminum wheels that looked perfect on the DeVille I found them on that will be part of the make-over.

Thanks again Chris, it's really cool that you're on this forum helping out like you do. It has benefited me a ton.
Vernon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.