2000+ Deville Wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2000+ Deville Wheels in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I want to purchase a model 2000-2003 DeVille, and would like to add aftermarket wheels/tires. I am a 23 yr ...
    fancy_pilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2000+ Deville Wheels

I want to purchase a model 2000-2003 DeVille, and would like to add aftermarket wheels/tires. I am a 23 yr old who wants to DRAMATICALLY distinguish himself from the 50+ crowd who typically owns these models. I have never ridden in a smoother vehicle - I don't understand why hardly anyone thinks of ride quality anymore when purchasing a vehicle! Many people my age buy small sport compact cars that ride like there is no suspension at all.

I haven't found anyone who has put aftermarket wheels on a Deville. I want to get an idea of what 17s, 18s, or 19s (if they would fit), would look like on a Deville, and what widths of tires look good also.

Can anyone reply with links to sites or pics of 2000+ Devilles with aftermarket wheels?

What are the implications of increasing tire diameter on the Deville? I know that larger tire sizes will change the gear ratio and the tires may rub at full turn of the steering wheel - these affects I can live with. What can be done to compensate for the increased diameter of the tires at the speedo, if larger tires are chosen?

Also - are there any sportier seats that will look good and fit in the DeVille? The large/wide seats don't seem to have enough lateral support for myself, and the leather can be somewhat slippery. I don't plan on driving it like a race car, but I don't want to have to grip the steering wheel like a gorilla to hold myself in the seat when accelerating on the on-ramp to the freeway. I am not a big fan of leather seats because they typically get slippery - I prefer cloth.

Future Cadillac Owner,
    Andy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Welcome aboard Andy. And welcome to the world of Cadillac customizing. Not a lot out there for performance-oriented people. You CAN get a DTS and it comes with a console and bucket seats from the factory. As for the wheel/tire issue, changing the tires outside diameter will affect the speed sensor reading, which will in turn affect the transmission shift points, speedometer, odometer, speed-sensitive steering, road-sensing suspension, stability control system..........
    Get it? I would check with someone like Ed Wright at http://www.Fastchip.com to see if they can do a PCM reflash to correct the speed sensor issue. As for the availability of wheels/tires, I'd probably start with http://www.Tirerack.com

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
    you should maybe consider purchasing a DTS which comes with high speed rated tires, 17 inch chrome wheels, console mounted shifter and bucket seats. All the chrome is painted also, giving it a much more sportier look.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: 2000+ Deville Wheels

I definetly wouldnt go over 18s, and 17s i think would be perfect......

What is the OEM tire size for your car (ie on the sticker)

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Anything with a 5X115 bolt pattern and 30-40 mm offset should work fine. Just keep the wheel width under 8.5 inches. 17X8 is the biggest stock wheel size that they offer for the Deville from Cadillac. Personally I like the chrome 17 inch DTS wheels with a set of Vogue tires. Antera makes some nice deep dish wheels for late model Cadillacs if you want to set yourself apart. my .02 $
    -Lelo

GERMEEZY1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fancy_pilot
    I want to purchase a model 2000-2003 DeVille, and would like to add aftermarket wheels/tires. I am a 23 yr old who wants to DRAMATICALLY distinguish himself from the 50+ crowd who typically owns these models. I have never ridden in a smoother vehicle - I don't understand why hardly anyone thinks of ride quality anymore when purchasing a vehicle! Many people my age buy small sport compact cars that ride like there is no suspension at all.

I haven't found anyone who has put aftermarket wheels on a Deville. I want to get an idea of what 17s, 18s, or 19s (if they would fit), would look like on a Deville, and what widths of tires look good also.

Can anyone reply with links to sites or pics of 2000+ Devilles with aftermarket wheels?

What are the implications of increasing tire diameter on the Deville? I know that larger tire sizes will change the gear ratio and the tires may rub at full turn of the steering wheel - these affects I can live with. What can be done to compensate for the increased diameter of the tires at the speedo, if larger tires are chosen?

Also - are there any sportier seats that will look good and fit in the DeVille? The large/wide seats don't seem to have enough lateral support for myself, and the leather can be somewhat slippery. I don't plan on driving it like a race car, but I don't want to have to grip the steering wheel like a gorilla to hold myself in the seat when accelerating on the on-ramp to the freeway. I am not a big fan of leather seats because they typically get slippery - I prefer cloth.

Future Cadillac Owner,
    Andy
    Yes you can fit 20 inch wheels on a Dts I have them on my STS and am in the process of buying a DTS the car will not ride as smooth but the handling will be a lot better also remember the Devilles do have computer controlled suspension so even on 20's mine rides better than my wifes 330 bmw traditionally reffered to as a good riding car if you want to see caddies on wheels go to car domain.com or I am on the alba wheels.com web page in the rides section.....floss mode like dental as they say....definitely not your grandpas caddy.

GERMEEZY1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Welcome aboard Andy. And welcome to the world of Cadillac customizing. Not a lot out there for performance-oriented people. You CAN get a DTS and it comes with a console and bucket seats from the factory. As for the wheel/tire issue, changing the tires outside diameter will affect the speed sensor reading, which will in turn affect the transmission shift points, speedometer, odometer, speed-sensitive steering, road-sensing suspension, stability control system..........
    Get it? I would check with someone like Ed Wright at http://www.Fastchip.com to see if they can do a PCM reflash to correct the speed sensor issue. As for the availability of wheels/tires, I'd probably start with http://www.Tirerack.com
    It does not affect the shift points because they are computer controlled and the car adapts you are right however about the speedo I never know how fast I am really going. I talked to a guy at cadillac northstar fabricators they have 525-1200 hp northstars....but the tranny is the weak link...I am ordering parts to take the dts from 300 to 375+ from rsm racing soon. One good thing I have found the bigger wheels raise the stabilitrak 2.0 threshold I can now get seriously sideways...before the big brother says no!

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.