blown head gasket? part 3 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, blown head gasket? part 3 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've got interesting car developments, but not much. Glad to know MC is alive and well...
    CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV --- Clyde - 15 Silverado

Re: blown head gasket? part 2

I've got interesting car developments, but not much. Glad to know MC is alive and well

Ed P. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

blown head gasket? part 3

My saga continues...

Took the car to a shop last month and they found a leak in a heater hose which explained the coolant loss. They did a tail pipe sniff test and swore the head gasket was fine. Car ran great after getting it back and the overheating problems went away. However I have had to add a bit of coolant twice over the past month or so.

Over the past couple of weeks it has developed a miss when first starting in the morning, getting progressively worse. It goes away after 10-15 seconds but yesterday morning after idling it in the driveway until the miss went away I backed up into a cloud of white smoke... not a good sign. Also I had added coolant on Tuesday and then on the way home from work yesterday (Friday) I got the "low coolant" warning light on.

I am going to do a block test this weekend, but in the meantime has anyone had a shop do a head gasket in Southern California (more specific Orange County) that they can recommend?

Thanks,

Ed

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: Head gasket repair question - 2001 DTS

Ed P., I merged all your (3) head gasket question threads - now members don't have to jump all over time/space to find out where you've been and any diagnosis you may have received.

Please, always go back and find your original thread(s) on the same problem and post there: The thread automatically bumps to the top of the list, and we don't have to go on witch hunts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Ed P. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

Re: Head gasket repair question - 2001 DTS

Bad news... block check fluid turned light greenish-yellow within a minute and a half. Any suggestions on SoCal shops to do a head gasket?

Ed

6. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.