2001 Deville Fuel Injecter Removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2001 Deville Fuel Injecter Removal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Need to remove some injecters from the fuel rail and check for blockage at the top of injecters. More familiar ...
    steveng is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2001 Deville Fuel Injecter Removal

Need to remove some injecters from the fuel rail and check for blockage at the top of injecters. More familiar with Fords than GM. Do i need to seperate the fuel rail from the fuel lines, or if i remove the 4 bolts from the fuel rail and lift it up will I be able to get the injecters out. I also looked at the connecters for the fuel rails to fuel lines do I need a special tool to seperate them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

Re: 2001 Deville Fuel Injecter Removal

Unbolt the fuel rail from the mount at the left rear of the engine (towards you and to the far right looking at it) and gently pry directly upwards, the whole fuel rail and all the injectors should pop out after a little gentle coaxing.

Never bothered to disconnect the rail from the fuel lines, but you don't need to for this procedure.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

If you want to trip the fuel line quick connects, use a disconnect kit from NAPA - they're plastic, some have had trouble using them. There are metal kits out there, too.

It's basically a kit of different sized split "top hats" that wrap around the fuel rail line, slip up into the connector bell, and trip the internal lock fingers.

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

I could never get the purge line hose off where it connects to the metal segment going across the top of the engine.

Tried a few different tools, ended up giving up and taking it off the tank.

You really don't need to disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel rail to get at what you want though.

steveng is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just left the fuel rail in place and lifted it up high enough to get a couple injecters out to inspect. I thought they would be really dirty, clogged on top since the fuel filter has never been changed on the car a 2001 DeVille but they were actually pretty clean. It ended up being the spark plug boots that were making the car run so bad and throwing PCM 0300 misfire codes. The mechanic that worked on it said it was the front coil pack so I replaced it and it made no difference. The plugs were just replaced so you could see the carbon tracks on the porcelain, changed the boots this morning and the car runs like new. Was expecting to spend alot of money to get it fixed and it turned out to be $35.00 in parts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.