Help needed ASAP!!! in Char. N.C.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RDUB2
  • 2 Post By RDUB2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Help needed ASAP!!! in Char. N.C. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I want my 99 deville engine snd tranny overhauled. Im in Charlotte NC and know of no one reputable to ...
    RDUB2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99-01 Deville base

Help needed ASAP!!! in Char. N.C.

I want my 99 deville engine snd tranny overhauled. Im in Charlotte NC and know of no one reputable to do the work. If anyone here can point me in the right direction, please do. Thanks You. and please help me save my Caddy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Help needed ASAP!!! in Char. N.C.

Engine overhauled? Why? Most likely all you need is a HG replacement. What's wrong with it?

donwon is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Advance Automotive in Mauldin Sc. Is the best trans shop I know of.
    It may take some time for them to get to it because they stay backed up.

Slipgate is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

It would be cheaper to buy another Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Engine overhauled? Why? Most likely all you need is a HG replacement. What's wrong with it?
    Yes it is the head gasket. I have Jakes studs but no one to do the job. Also its been sitting for a year.

Slipgate is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

Not to be too brutal but you are a fool to put any significant amount of money at all into a 1999 DeVille. A quick ebay scan for sold DeVilles from 1998-2001 shows most sell for well under $3k. You will have $3k plus into just the repair alone with your 1999 and that is just the current problem of the HG. This car is going to start falling apart around you.

My advice: sell that stud kit for $400 plus, donate the old DeVille to the Fire Department (or sell it for parts) and buy another car.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipgate
    Not to be too brutal but you are a fool to put any significant amount of money at all into a 1999 DeVille. A quick ebay scan for sold DeVilles from 1998-2001 shows most sell for well under $3k. You will have $3k plus into just the repair alone with your 1999 and that is just the current problem of the HG. This car is going to start falling apart around you.

My advice: sell that stud kit for $400 plus, donate the old DeVille to the Fire Department (or sell it for parts) and buy another car.
    Yes but I will still have the hg problem with another 99. And besides who knows if the next one was taken care of like mine. And if everything is going to fall apart I will replace it on this one and not the next one. And besides I love my car and im no fool.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

isn't AJ in the Charlotte area? and doesn't he do HG jobs in his garage in his free time?

or has he been under a rock for so long nobody can remember which rock to overturn to find him?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    isn't AJ in the Charlotte area? and doesn't he do HG jobs in his garage in his free time?

or has he been under a rock for so long nobody can remember which rock to overturn to find him?
    I been reading on the forum for a couple years now. I've seen allot of his post. Let's find Aj.

houg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): deville

Quote Originally Posted by RDUB2 View Post
    Yes but I will still have the hg problem with another 99. And besides who knows if the next one was taken care of like mine. And if everything is going to fall apart I will replace it on this one and not the next one. And besides I love my car and im no fool.
    it will become a money pit, get rid of it and get something newer, there are alot of newer caddy,s out there for cheap$, and besides you will like a newer car alot more, trust me

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post

Last I heard he was still just south of Charlotte in Rock Hill, SC. His contact info is at the website below.

www.pcmcalibrators.net

Quote Originally Posted by 00 Deville

Last I heard he was still just south of Charlotte in Rock Hill, SC. His contact info is at the website below.

www.pcmcalibrators.net
    Ok thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by houg
    it will become a money pit, get rid of it and get something newer, there are alot of newer caddy,s out there for cheap$, and besides you will like a newer car alot more, trust me
    It may become a money pit but I plan on taking care of the car once my engine and Trans are right.. It won't cost anything to do the minor repairs. Trust if I had the room I would tackle the hg job myself for I also have an 01 deville that I plan on doing myself when I move next year.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i see what you're saying and you're mostly right

the hard reality is that lots of parts are going to become hard to get (and some already are)
    lots of parts are already discontinued ... weatherstripping and interior parts especially

and there won't be the kind of market for restoration like there is with the truly classic 50's-70's vehilces

i'm not saying don't do it... just realize some things will be hard to get a hold of

i'm in the same boat as you - '99 deville waiting for me in the parking lot
    (but i'm eventually going to pass this one along to some college student who wants a pimp ride and move up to a newer vehicle)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    i see what you're saying and you're mostly right

the hard reality is that lots of parts are going to become hard to get (and some already are)
    lots of parts are already discontinued ... weatherstripping and interior parts especially

and there won't be the kind of market for restoration like there is with the truly classic 50's-70's vehilces

i'm not saying don't do it... just realize some things will be hard to get a hold of

i'm in the same boat as you - '99 deville waiting for me in the parking lot
    (but i'm eventually going to pass this one along to some college student who wants a pimp ride and move up to a newer vehicle)
    I'm with you Chris. Besides you have a great parts store I can order from and the junkyards have,more than enuff caddys to pick parts from.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.