Remote Start for 96 DeVille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Remote Start for 96 DeVille in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It is my understanding that I can not add a remote starter to my 2004 DHS, but can I put ...
    Grizzly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 DeVille DHS, 96 DeVille

Remote Start for 96 DeVille

It is my understanding that I can not add a remote starter to my 2004 DHS, but can I put one on my 1996 DeVille base?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

13ir14314 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 DHS, 1967 Eldorado
    Remote start can be added to just about any car. Just let the pros do it or you will have bigger problems than being cold. If you want to have one put in either car I highly recommend an astrostart by astroflex. All of my moms cars have had one and I think I'm going to put it in my car thus year.

bigtone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 DTS, 2006 DTS, 2001 Deville,

Re: Remote Start for 96 DeVille

I've installed remotes for my old 98 deville and my current 01 Deville. As the previous poster stated, they can be done but you need someone that knows what they are doing. This link should take you to a post I made about the 01 Deville install:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ote-start.html

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

You can have remote start installed in pretty much any car. Both 1996 and 2004 aren't a a problem. Any company that makes them is good but stick with a name brand. I've never heard of astroflex before.

Quote Originally Posted by brougham
    You can have remote start installed in pretty much any car. Both 1996 and 2004 aren't a a problem. Any company that makes them is good but stick with a name brand. I've never heard of astroflex before.
    I saw it mentioned one other time on the forum. That's all the installers will sell where I live and they won't touch anything like viper if you come to them with one. The only place that will is bestbuy.

I have installed 2 Avitals so far. I believe that is who makes Vipers. No issues.Most of the problems some people have seem to be poor installation, not so much the product. I'm planning on installing 2 more Avitals, one in my sons 01 Deville and one in my 05 Mary Kay I bought a few months ago. Alot of people do not see a need to have a remote start, but up here in NEPA, They really make it easier cleaning off the snow and ice in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtone
    I have installed 2 Avitals so far. I believe that is who makes Vipers. No issues.Most of the problems some people have seem to be poor installation, not so much the product. I'm planning on installing 2 more Avitals, one in my sons 01 Deville and one in my 05 Mary Kay I bought a few months ago. Alot of people do not see a need to have a remote start, but up here in NEPA, They really make it easier cleaning off the snow and ice in the winter.
    Avital and viper and even my preferred astrostart are all made by directed electronics. They huge differences in quality when it comes to their remotes though. My mom had a valet in her old car and it was the biggest head ache when we going to put one in her new car we went to a viper dealer and they even recommended the astrostart. I guess the big difference is where the products are made. Viper and others from china, astrostart from Canada. Also the brains of the units are different. Supposedly viper is known for loosing programing or having and effect on a vehicles security system and astrostart won't. Thus what I have been told and after having one bad experience with the valet and non with astrostart thats the brand I will stay with.

All I can tell you is that the 2 I installed worked like a dream, but I should mention that I also installed an Idatalink immobilizer bypass. This is required with a remote starter in these cars. Come to think of it the remote start I put in my 98 Deville was a Valet. I still think more problems arise from poor installation.

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Usually if it's the unit that has problems it shows up pretty early. 1996 should still be the older passkey/vats that you don't need the seperate unit to bypass.
    I have a compustar remote starter in my deville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.