Stupid donut spare self destructed - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Stupid donut spare self destructed in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Since I had time to kill again today I weighed both space saver and full sized spare tires Space saver ...
    rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: Stupid donut spare self destructed

Since I had time to kill again today I weighed both space saver and full sized spare tires
    Space saver steel rim inflated to 60psi weighs in around 38 lbs
    Alloy rim with full size tire inflated to 30psi weighs in around 48 lbs
    Sooo ten lbs or so difference not too bad, just wish it would fit in spare tire well. I keep it upside down and throw misc crap in it, perfect spot for baseballs that are always rolling around the trunk.

maeng9981 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

.....am I the only one who's gotten about 20 miles on two spare tires, without them exploding, and at around 30 mph of speed?

Someone slashed two of my brand new Michelins and I had to use one from my Seville and one from my Deville to get to the tire place. Two on the driver's side. I moved the good one on the right rear side to the left front, and then put two donuts as rear wheels.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

I think tire slashers should hae something *ahem* valuable of theirs removed by knife. That is just LOW.
    maeng9981 and maeng9981 like this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by maeng9981
    .....am I the only one who's gotten about 20 miles on two spare tires, without them exploding, and at around 30 mph of speed?

Someone slashed two of my brand new Michelins and I had to use one from my Seville and one from my Deville to get to the tire place. Two on the driver's side. I moved the good one on the right rear side to the left front, and then put two donuts as rear wheels.
    I put 6 miles on the spare on my safari van (hit a curb and gashed the right rear) then had to drive about 10 miles with the same spare on my lesabre (right front tire had the tread delaminate at 60 mph on the highway and of course the full size spare didn't hold air anymore because the tire was older than me.)

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    If I recall correctly it's bad for the car to run the spare on the drive wheels. You should move a rear tire to the front when needed for a flat in the front on a FWD car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.