2002 cadillac deville loud noice- what is it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By PineyJustice
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2002 cadillac deville loud noice- what is it? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; lAST FRIDAY THE NOISE STATED FROM OUR 2002 ( 113,000 MILE ON IT DEVILLE) THE NOICE IS NOT AFFTECTED WHEN ...
    SADKGD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 CADILLAC DEVILLE

2002 cadillac deville loud noice- what is it?

lAST FRIDAY THE NOISE STATED FROM OUR 2002 ( 113,000 MILE ON IT DEVILLE) THE NOICE IS NOT AFFTECTED WHEN I TURN OFF THE A/C, RADIO, PUT CAR IN NEUTRAL WHILE TRAVELING AT 50-60 MPH), NOICE IS NOT AFFECTED BY RPM CHANGING
    WHETHER OR NOT THE VEHICLE IS MOVING OR STILL. BUT AT 22-TO 24 MPH THE NOICE STARTS. IT SOUND LIKE WHEN WE WERE KIDS AND PUT CARDBOARD ON A CLOTHES PIN AND ATTACHED IT TO THE FRAME SO THE CARDBOARD WOULD TOUCH THE SPOKES. WELL... ANY WAY WHEN THE VEHICLE ACCELERATES PAST 22-24MPH ON UP TO 60-70, THE NOISE IS HIGHER IN PITCH AND M,AYBE YOU CAN FEEL A SLIGHT VIBRATION. SEEMS TO COME FROM PASSENGER SIDE UNDE THE HOOD. I HAVE CHECKED ALL FLUID LEVELS - ALL ARE GOOD. THE ONLY TIME THE NOICE WILL SEEM TO CHANGE IS TURING RIGHT TO LEFT WHILE DRIVING AT 50 PLUS MPH.. THE NOICE LEVEL WILL COME DOWN IN FRQUENCY WHEN STOPPING, INCREASE IN FREQUENCY WHEN ACCELERATING . WHEN MAINTAINING SAY 60-70 MPH- THE NOISE IS LOUD ENOUGH TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE AND YOU CAN HEAR IT OVER THE RADIO. ANY SUGGESTIONS-? WHILE I BELIVE IT MAY BE A NOSIY POWER STEERING PUMP - I AM NOT A MECHANIC- JUST A GUESSER! HELP PLEASE! EMIAL SADKGD@GMAIL.COM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

Re: 2002 cadillac deville loud noice- what is it?

Ok, it seems like you have 2 problems here, the first is a bad wheel bearing, jack the car up and wiggle the tire side to side to confirm, it's probably the passenger side one,

Second problem, you might want to take a look at your capslock key, it appears to be stuck on.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I don't think that is a wheel bearing. They don't make that kind of sound. I'd check the lower splash shield or wheel well splash shields. Sounds more like a panel flapping in the wind to me.

I would agree with Piney's diagnosis on the second problem.

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

I vote frt hub is bad also, possibly CV but bet it's hub.

I have to go put cotton in my ears now...

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

I'm with Ranger. Sadkid, what he's saying is look inside the front fenders around the tires, does it look like the plastic liner is loose anywhere and becoming the cardboard against the tire tread (spokes) when you drive fast enough for the wind to push it against the tires.

Vernon

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

Yeah, I thought about that but he mentions the sound changing while turning. plastic contacting the wheel would definitely be the easier cheaper fix of the two but he mentions it's happening at 20mph as well, not a whole lot of wind force at that speed and 70 would make it VERY loud with the extra force.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.