GM cooling system tablets for Northstars or not...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Ranger
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, GM cooling system tablets for Northstars or not... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was at a well established radiator shop today with my hot rod, in the Greater Toronto Area. I asked ...
    mutz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 and 2002 Cadillac SDV

GM cooling system tablets for Northstars or not...

I was at a well established radiator shop today with my hot rod, in the Greater Toronto Area. I asked the owner of the shop what his opinon was regarding the tablets for North Star engines and he replied to me 'dont use the tablets but use a product called 'IRONTITE', it comes in a 455ml. plastic bottle and it's made by a company named Kwik Way Inc. (USA). He has used this product and claims that he has had excellent results. Check you automotive parts retailer, I got mine from Napa.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: GM Tablest for North Stars or not...

Cadillac does NOT recommend using any of that stuff

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx), '04 DTS & the witch driver gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mutz View Post
    I was at a well established radiator shop today with my hot rod, in the Greater Toronto Area. I asked the owner of the shop what his opinon was regarding the tablets for North Star engines and he replied to me 'dont use the tablets but use a product called 'IRONTITE', it comes in a 455ml. plastic bottle and it's made by a company named Kwik Way Inc. (USA). He has used this product and claims that he has had excellent results. Check you automotive parts retailer, I got mine from Napa.
    Exactly what do you expect this 'aftermarket solution in a bottle' to accomplish?

Aftermarket products can claim whatever they can get away with; reading the fine print will reveal the limitations, conditions, and disclaimers.

And the GM tablets were only intended to prevent nuisance external cooling system leaks. Nothing more.

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Here we go again.

It would save a lot of time, space, typing and hand-wringing if we all simply said "Use whatever floats your boat".

As posted, the difference between Bar's Leaks tablets #HDC or powder #G12BP and some sort of magic block sealer is more than night and day........ a lot more.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Leave the snake oil on the store shelf (along with the tablets)!
    carnut and carnut like this.

mike5514 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97sls,06dts

If you do use irontite remove the lower radiator hose and add it there, if not there then the upper radiator hose. Dont put it in the surge tank! Mike

crabgrass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I was told by my Cadillac dealer where I purchase my pellets that the stuff was good at getting between dissimilar metals to prevent electrolysis. And it also calls for them right on the radiator housing tag. But I'm sure it work just fine without them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.