1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe ABS Light - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe ABS Light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You do know what you are looking for..... and as you say patience is worthy calling. Deep blue or dark ...
    dosottawa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 90 Fltwd Cpe(FWD-60,000km) Buicks 69 Lsabre

Re: 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Coupe ABS Light

You do know what you are looking for..... and as you say patience is worthy calling.

Deep blue or dark red are both excellent colours.

Myself, well I was 3,700 kilometers from home on a three day stop over when I saw my 2dr Fltwd coupe, not really in the market - but it was just unique enough to be a novelty also with 60,000 kilometers it was in exceptional shape. Had to accept Antelope colour. pics in the other link above

In hind sight I was never... and still think the jury is out on the FWD - much prefer a higher perch - (even with running 215-R70 -15 glad they are not the 14inch some early fwd had as stock tires).

But as you say have a look - and if after seeing what it is and if the price point is right grab it.

BTW are the 4.9 engines high performance as well? the 1990 - 4.5 can move out quickly!

Cheers

smokuspollutus is offline Cadillac Owners Member

60000km! That's almost nothing. With that kind of mileage, I'd have gladly picked it up if it was purple!

The front v. rear drive debate will go on forever. I can't really see the functional decision on making a car like your coupe front drive, because there's plenty of room inside, and few people that buy a Cadillac new really care about gas mileage. But remember, at the time the car was built, power at the front was "cool" and it also gave Cadillac the bragging rights to saying they had the only transverse V8.

Dare I say it, but I thought that even the 4.1 had *just* enough power for these cars. The 4.5 is well into the zone that a car like this should be in, that being enough power to get out of its own way, with a bit to spare, all at low rpms. And while I've never driven a 4.9, I'm sure its in the "woo hoo!" zone (not that I'd abuse this car like that should I get it!) I doubt I'd use it often, but its always nice to know that I'd have plenty of power under my foot should I need it.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

A 4.9 is nice on a long steep grade. I have never really wanted for more power.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by smokuspollutus View Post
    60000km! That's almost nothing. With that kind of mileage, I'd have gladly picked it up if it was purple!

The front v. rear drive debate will go on forever. I can't really see the functional decision on making a car like your coupe front drive, because there's plenty of room inside, and few people that buy a Cadillac new really care about gas mileage. But remember, at the time the car was built, power at the front was "cool" and it also gave Cadillac the bragging rights to saying they had the only transverse V8.

Dare I say it, but I thought that even the 4.1 had *just* enough power for these cars. The 4.5 is well into the zone that a car like this should be in, that being enough power to get out of its own way, with a bit to spare, all at low rpms. And while I've never driven a 4.9, I'm sure its in the "woo hoo!" zone (not that I'd abuse this car like that should I get it!) I doubt I'd use it often, but its always nice to know that I'd have plenty of power under my foot should I need it.
    The 4.1 did have JUST enough I suppose, to get the cars down the road LOL. The 4.5 is a good motor, like you said, with some to spare. The 4.9 is easily considered one of Cadillac's best motors, and I'd think it to be in the woo-hoo! zone.

Lastly, even though it has its issues, the 4.6 is in the WOOOOHOOO Zone, and thing will get up and SCOOT!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.