what does the computer look like and where is it on a 91 deville - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, what does the computer look like and where is it on a 91 deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thats i i dont get though if the wires are in the right place how com it does all that ...
    91deville1st is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thats i i dont get though if the wires are in the right place how com it does all that if the position isnt that critical?

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Re: what does the computer look like and where is it on a 91 deville

When I saw the distributor was not in the correct position, that told me your mechanic either does not care enough to get educated on your care and who knows what else was not done right. I don't know if he even did the timing the correct way. You need more than just a timing light. You also need to know how to set the timinbg and what it should be set at. I think you should find somebody that can do the job correctly.

Yeah he kept stressing that he had a lot of work to do so i guess thats why he didnt care i do need a new one and will i need to buy a new disteibutor? Or can i just take out this one and just put it at that angle again with out turning the rotor? Is that possible? And will that fix my car? And sorry for asking so many questions just worried on how my car would be

distributor fixed at best position close to 45 angle and still lacks power

I had another post earlier and well my distributor was put better and now car wont shut off but still lacks in power and what causes to have white smoke and what makes a car use more gas then what it should because this car has demolished a lot of cats

Re: distributor fixed at best position close to 45 angle and still lacks power

You should have continued with your other thread. Don't start a new thread. Maybe we can get a moderator to move this back to the old thread.

Leaking fuel pressure regulator, and or leaking injectors can destroy a cat.

Take the vacuum hose off the pressure regulator. If it is wet, the regulator is bad. Turn the key on with the engine off, vacuum hose off, there should be no gas coming from the pressure regulator whare the hose was.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and check pressure with key on engine off. How much pressure do you have on the gauge?
    Turn the key off and watch the gauge. Does the pressure drop all the way or does it hold pressure?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Threads merged.

cadillac_al is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 78 Seville, 78 Coupe de Ville, 92 Sedan de Ville

If the car won't shut off it sounds like a timing problem. I finally got to look at my distributor since your picture looked so familiar to me. My dist was installed just like yours but it ran fine. It always was a tight fit around the air cleaner though and I knew something wasn't quite right there. I probably wouldn't have bothered moving it unless I had another reason to remove it. Are you still getting all those codes? Are you sure you have the timing procedure correct?

To dennis how does the pressure regulator look like and sorry im a newby so i dont really know entirerly everything about cars and if it is wet like you said then thats the problem of using too much gas? And destroying cats?

To cadillac al , it did run fine? Like it has full power doesnt have that unsteady engine because when i start driving my hood is shaking and im not quiet sure if it still does ill recheck in the morning

It could be to answer both of your questions. Here's a couple pictures that should help you.

Crudsturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville STS & 1991 Sedan Deville

Check the fuel pressure regulator first, with the key on you might see fuel coming out of it from where the vacuum hose is. Start it up with the hose off and see if fuel comes out. If it does replace it. It isn't hard to change with the fuel rail off but it is a little tricky with the rail still on the car.

Also the white smoke you are seeing is raw fuel most likely. Also check your oil make sure it isn't overfull. Recheck the codes, then clear them, then let it run and see what comes back.

ok i pulled new codes up and all codes excecpt e27 showed and i got two new ones

E71-intermitted MAP sensor signal
    E74-inttermitted MAT sensor signal
    and next i will check the fuel regulator and what i do is unplug it turn on the car and if fuel comes out it is bad right??

Yes, where the vacuum hose goes on. Check your wiring harness whre the MAP sensor and MAT sensors are. I haven't heard of the MAT sensor going bad very often, sometimes the MAP goes bad. Beings those are intermittent, check engine harnes wiring and connections.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.