what does the computer look like and where is it on a 91 deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, what does the computer look like and where is it on a 91 deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by dennis93coupe Cardone is not the only reman distributor either....Unfortunately that is the only one they, autozone, offer. ...
    drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Re: what does the computer look like and where is it on a 91 deville

Quote Originally Posted by dennis93coupe View Post
    Cardone is not the only reman distributor either....Unfortunately that is the only one they, autozone, offer. Read post #208 in this thread. I think you made quite few postings in this one drewsdeville... Even though rockauto is getting on the wrong foot with me having the wrong parts in their boxes, may be out of their control, and do nothing about it to correct the problem- they do have an alternative to cardone you get what you pay for with no harness, or the Autoline reman that has the harness and more components including a new cap and rotor. Like I said, you get what you pay for.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-over-14.html
    I agree, but most local parts houses only offer Cardone when it comes to remans. In most threads, including this one, people don't have the luxury of being able to wait for shipping from an online supplier where your choices are much more diverse. Hard to plan ignition repairs in advance on a car that you rely on daily, and unfortunately, not everyone has a Rockauto warehouse in their back yard.

For the purpose of this thread, it wouldn't have mattered if it was Autozone or some other local supplier - it would have been the same reman distributor, and it wouldn't have come with a harness.

That said, I'm not sure the problem is either the distributor nor the harness at this point...

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    I'm not sure the problem is either the distributor nor the harness at this point...
    I have to agree on that. More details are needed...

91deville1st is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So the harness and ditributor are comepletly fine because if it is yall just made one guy extreemly happy lol ve ause thats less money from my wallet and if it gets my car fixing tell me what you need to know and ill get right on that

Nobody said it is or isn't fine. I questioned the distributor because others have bought the same reman distributor as you have and had to replace it. As mentioned by another poster, 2 of the codes you have point to a distributor. I don't know what the condition of your harness is in that you had to take out of the old distributor. Did you do the work, or did someone else change the distributor?

Me and my father changed it out and so if i were to change the harness either from a junk car or if i can buy it new will it be better? And can i buy it new?

Yes you can buy a new one. Not cheap, but I would not get one from a junk car. There are some things I would not buy used and that is one of them. You might find one for less, just have to do a search....

http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/que...mit=Search+Now

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-104680...ype=automotive

Well thanks very much man i appretiate you showing me this and telling about this but i think i might just order one of them parts and do you think changing the harness would improve my car a lot? Maybe even fix the problem?

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Not likely. At this point, without further diagnosis, everything's a guess. Guessing can get quite expensive...

You've got a list of shorted/open sensor codes alongside the dist interrupt code. I personally still think you have a power/ground problem somewhere.

Have you tried clearing the codes? You need to do that, drive it and see what comes back.

I havnt tried doing that i will though

I havnt tried doing that i will though

Isnt there a ground inside the distributor? Thats part of the harness?

No ground inside the distributor. The coil has a ground, but that is outside of the distributor. All of the wires inside the distributor go to the PCM.

No ground inside the distributor. The coil has a ground, but that is outside of the distributor. All of the wires inside the distributor go to the PCM.

Because i remember that there was this little screww rhat you tighten down a ground looking thing and is it possible hat since i got no cat that ita acting all retarded? Like no power and all that? And that i got flow masters on it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.