1996 deville rear shocks - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1996 deville rear shocks in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; looks like it didn't need the starter and alternator replaced back in 2001 ... got towed later that day and ...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: 1996 deville rear shocks

looks like it didn't need the starter and alternator replaced back in 2001 ... got towed later that day and had a battery put in the next day
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    looks like it didn't need the starter and alternator replaced back in 2001 ... got towed later that day and had a battery put in the next day
    And it has a used battery from 2011 now

Hmmmmm?

dchgomag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 SeVille STS

Hey Gents. Not sure what addi to mail this to, so I'll post my vin here. My DeVille, D'Elegance is a 99. 1G6KE54Y3XU702567. Any other info. I can present to you, let me know. I'm more than happy to post what you need. And thanks much.
    BTW, why is it, pre-2000 info. is difficult to pull? I thought we were more advanced than that. lol

dchgomag,

what exactly is it you are trying to do?
    are you looking for repair info? parts?

i'm a bit confused
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

dchgomag is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 SeVille STS

Hi Rippy, my 99 DeVille VIN is: 1G6KE54Y3XU702567, and the e-mail addi: dchgomag@yahoo.com - thanks in advance for whatever you can pull. From what Alldate reports, the rear shocks are, for the 99, 1 type/part number - for ‘soft ride’ is part number 22064786. The front struts are the ones that make the difference - B9Q/V4U is questionable.
    I'm hoping that if you are successful with a profitable return of my VIN, I will find out more info. on my car other than just the struts. Other interests are the options Cadillac installed.
    Again, many thanks in advance. Darrell – Madison, WI. I’ll post pics as soon as possible.

dchgomag,

your front struts are 22064723 (left) and 22064724 (right)
    your rear shocks are 22064786 (both left and right)

you have the FE1 suspension
    commonly known as the passive suspension

you do not have the B9Q (limo/hearse) or the V4U (heavy duty cooling) options

are you looking for prices too?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.