Tires Plus store damaged my Deville weatherstripping - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Tires Plus store damaged my Deville weatherstripping in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You'll be able to see if the window frame is bent. The gap at the top will be uneven with ...
    tsgrpr97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 74 Coupe DeVille, 99 DeVille D'Elegance (diamond white)
    You'll be able to see if the window frame is bent. The gap at the top will be uneven with the rear door. It can be bent back. Every car I've seen broken into like that leaves the window frame bent. Probably why the window was 'stuck'.

Did they gouge the seal that runs between both doors along the top? Or the one around the door itself? For either one it might prove easier to go to a u pull it lot to replace it yourself than to chase them down for it.

And then, find a shop that you trust and take your car to him exclusively. Good luck with that one

Ohm_Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Deville

Re: Tires Plus store damaged my Deville weatherstripping

It's the strip that runs along the roofline above both doors. You can see a photo here: http://www.mlittle.com/tp/CadillacDamagebyTiresPlus.php

The local dealer says it is discontinued, and he cannot find one. This is really starting to suck a big wet one.

creeker is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t

Vendors now a days dont seem to care about having a good reputation anymore, or trying to do a good job in hoping to get your future business or telling
    others about them, it's a wham bam thank you maa'm mentality,thanks for your money, now get out of my face.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohm_Boy View Post
    It's the strip that runs along the roofline above both doors. You can see a photo here: http://www.mlittle.com/tp/CadillacDamagebyTiresPlus.php

The local dealer says it is discontinued, and he cannot find one. This is really starting to suck a big wet one.
    Check with a body shop and see where they would get one.

tsgrpr97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 74 Coupe DeVille, 99 DeVille D'Elegance (diamond white)
    That pic doesn't look too bad. How out of line is the top of the door?

Crudsturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville STS & 1991 Sedan Deville

I am sorry but point blank is the shop locked his keys in his car. Not his fault not one bit. Then they used an unorthodox method to open the door and they did cause damage. Large or small it is still damage and they are responsible for fixing it. The original poster reacted in what I say is a great manner and for any employee to yell at him is absurd. If I were in charge of that business someone wouldnt have a job or would be on very thin ice. If I were you I would just go get a few estimates and bring them to the manager.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Make those morons fix the door too. That is ridiculous, especially the more I read it. Idiots.

PineyJustice is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 deville base, 2008 dts

One time I was working at a Bank of America afterhours (IT stuff) and locked the external bank key + my car keys in my car :|

Damaged my weatherstripping and paint slightly breaking into my car with a creatively bent server rail, it's a 1 beer project to replace.

You had it lucky, recently we took a company car to a firestone to take a look at a misfire, the clutch was iffy when we got the car, when we got it back it reeked of burned clutch and the trans slipped so badly I had to drive 30mph with my hazards on all the way back to our hotel room.

Lesson learned, NEVER take a car to firestone (at least not in destin florida)

Interestingly enough, both Tires Plus and Firestone Service belong to the same company.
    Still working leads on the weatherstrip.

I finally got someone from Tires Plus with the authority and wherewithal to take care of this. I sent him the estimate for the weatherstripping repair, and he had a check cut for the amount plus the extra recycling charge they had billed me. I figure I can handle the door warpage and any issue which may come up with the power window (if any) myself.
    I've updated my blog. http://www.mlittle.com/tp/

Crudsturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Seville STS & 1991 Sedan Deville

Glad to hear they took care of you.

Yeah, It was a PITA, and no one is addressing the way I was treated, but they stepped up for what I had on paper, and I have to give them (at least Bridgestone's customer affairs dept and the district manager) their props for doing a good job with that.

Also, my Cadillac dealer's body shop guy said that his parts guy found a dealer with 60 of these weatherstripping pieces in stock. Just FYI.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.