Deville 04 No code misfire
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Deville 04 No code misfire in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 04 DeVille with 87k miles, The car was misfiring but after I changed the 2 bad coils ...
    LeaderX11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

Deville 04 No code misfire

I have a 04 DeVille with 87k miles, The car was misfiring but after I changed the 2 bad coils It work good for three weeks only, Now the car back to miss and I replaced all 8 coils with a new set from AC delco ...
    and now the car still miss but less than before,,,

Symptoms are misfire not that severe when idle only when AC is ON and also become stronger while the car in gear and my foot over brake ....
    Also it jerking and clunking during acceleration from a stop point , all of this happened when AC is ON ...

The voltage monitor on DIC shows when many loads are present
    like AC is ON and the car in gear with my foot in brake , shows unstable voltage drops to 12.6 and stay until I move the car it back to 14.2 V .

if AC is Off the miss is hard to notice and there is no clunking and jerking during acceleration ...

No codes related to PCM , the SES light is OFF . I can provide a video showing the fluctuating voltage under the misfire ...
    Spark Plugs and the fuel filter complete one year now , All 8 coils are changed one bank before may be one month and the other bank is replaced last week ...

Thanks in advance ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Deville 04 No code misfire

Try cleaning the TB. Sounds strange, but it has been known to cause a rough idle.

Thanks for info I will clean the TB, I wish it helps and end this time, money consuming proplem...
    Can I use the regular AC Delco carbo cleaner for cleaning the TB ?

Thanks for your reply...

I don't see why not. I used Gumout carb cleaner til I ran out of it. They do sell a TB cleaner if you'd rather use that. Pretty much anything that will cut the carbon will do. No scraping with steel objects though.

I will go to the end point directly. Today I will scan the car with advanced scanner to figure out which cylinder is mising, and I will buy the carb cleaner..
    Then compare results before and after using the carbo cleaner with the advanced scanner.....

Any other idea ,,.,.,.

jimsbox is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 DHS

Make sure your cleaner is O2 sensor safe or you will be in for a real learning experience when you have to replace them

Now I finished cleaning the TB,,, It was near clean... Here a picture after cleaning it ...

In fact the situation is the same, except if I rev up the engine and let the gas the tachometer go to 525 than back to 675 ...
    And I tried to disconnect the MAF sensor to see if the situation changed and no luck !!

When I turn ON all loads : Lights and AC and put the car in D while foot on brake the voltage monitor show a steady 12.6V ...

I found something about plenum ( I replaced it recently ) The clamp screw is not tight , I tighten it but nothing enhanced ...

and about the FPR vaccum line ,, when I disconnect the line from the FPR side, the air is sucked into TB side ...
    So that is it,,, any idea ?

Last night when I went to the shop for scanning, they said for me the scanner will not discover anything unless there is P0300 code current or history !!!!

And the miss not show up until the car is fully warmed and move a few short miles ( of course with AC on ) ...

And again there is no misfire during all load changing while AC is OFF !!!!

So what is the next step ?
    FPR is not leaking there is no raw fuel going out while idling engine and the line disconnected ...

ALL TBs look like the picture above. The fresh air side of the throttle plate never gets dirty. What gets carboned up is the manifold side of the throttle plate. Did you clean that?

sorry but I am not sure that I know about what you mean by the other side Plate ....

I understand that the other side of the plate is what you see when you push the throttle to the end ...
    If that what you mean, yeas I clean it .....Thanks ....

I said in post#8 : {{{ And the miss not show up until the car is fully warmed and move a few short miles ( of course with AC on ) ... }}}
    In fact the car also miss after I turn AC on directly,,, wether it warm or not !

Any Idea ?

Yes, that's what I meant.

Check the PCV dirty air line where it connects to the rear cam cover and make sure it is tight and there is no vacuum leak there.

[QUOTE=Ranger;3068297]Yes, that's what I meant.

When the shop replaced the plenum before 2 months they said there is a line -going as I think out of the manifold to the rear cam cover- is leaking ....
    and they said that they fix it .....
    I see that they only covered it with bigger tube without done any replacement ....

I will check the hoses tommorow, does they produce sound when they leaking ?

too much "they" !
    Thanks for your advice ....

Depending on how bad the vacuum leak is, it may or may not make a noise. You will definitely hear it with a stethoscope or you can spray any volatile spray like Brakleen around it and listen for an RPM increase.

Good, last time when the car had that severe misfire, I used the stethoscope to check fuel injectors and it was helpfull.....
    I'll see it tommorow , thanks again

Check ALL the vacuum hose connections while you're at it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.