Deville 04 No code misfire - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Deville 04 No code misfire in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; checked for vaccum leaks and again no luck !!!! FYI: Before I replaced any coil before 2 months I scanned ...
    LeaderX11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville 2004

Re: Deville 04 No code misfire

checked for vaccum leaks and again no luck !!!!

FYI: Before I replaced any coil before 2 months I scanned the car and found that CYL 5 (severe) and CYL 6 (which was small mise) are mising ....
    After that I replaced full rear coils and use one of the three remaining good coils to replace coil number 6 .....

Before two weeks misfire back again, and without any scanning I directly replace the 4 old remaining coils in the front side of the engine with a new 4 coils, to made myself rest ....
    And after many days misfire came back but when only AC is ON !!! And I wrote this post....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Today I finshed scanning the car with OBD II advanced scanner and Surprisingly I found 3 error codes !!!!! ( SES light is not present at all )
    Although that I used the regular way to pull the codes before I went to the shop and found nothing related to PCM current or even History errors !!!

O.K now I have strong misfire in CYL 5 and a small one in CYL 6 !!!!! so what does this mean ?
    I recently replaced all 8 coils ,,,,

Error codes are :
    PO102 - MASS AIR FLOW (MAF) SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW FREQUENCY**
    P0121 - THROTTLE POSITION (TP) SENSOR
    P0300 - ENGINE MISFIRE DETECTED
    ** I disconnect MAF sensor to know if it related to the problem or no ,,, then I reconnect it ,,so this may be the reason for P0102 code ....

Now I'll check spark plugs and may replace it ......

CYL 5 spark plug ....

Misefiring problem solved !!!!!
    It caused by bad plugs ..

Next time I will advise every one who going to replace coils to replace plugs as well .
    This will decrease the possibilities of more losses ,,, like me ...
    I replaced all coils and the real cause of the problem was some bad plugs ...

Thanks Ranger ,,,,
    I really appreciate the work and advises given to me for free and to all of other askers .....

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

That plug appears to be carbon tracked down the side. If that is a carbon track, then the boot will also be carbon tracked and will soon transfer it back to the new plug if it was not changed with the plug.

Wow , what is the cause of this "carbon tracked" ?
    Rear coils bank is replaced before 2 months ..... The old coils boot (factory one) for coils 5 is really damaged !!!
    and dont know where is my mind to not check the plug too !!!

Now, I inspected the current rear bank coils which may be 2 months old and they look as a new ....
    so, is this period(2 months) enough to already damage the new boots ?

This operation cost me a lot and I dont want to be involved in later same problem losses !!!
    So, is there anything I should do now ?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

I w'll find the old coil 5 and take a picture of it ....

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I don't know how long it takes for a carbon track to reestablish itself on a new component. Carbon tracking occurs when the spark finds less resistance by traveling down the side of the plug rather than through it. Not exactly sure what causes that. Probably an internal failure in the plug. That said, I am not 100% sure whether that picture shows a carbon track or not. A carbon track is usually VERY thin and is commonly mistaken for a hail line crack in the porcelain. Yours is different, but does look a bit suspicious. Lets see if anyone else agrees or not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.