1999 Deville - can we repair the driver's Window switch ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 1999 Deville - can we repair the driver's Window switch ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The passenger right side window goes down but won't go UP. The driver side switch does not work anymore for ...
    franky de longueuil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Deville

1999 Deville - can we repair the driver's Window switch ?

The passenger right side window goes down but won't go UP.
    The driver side switch does not work anymore for the passenger window,
    but all other window works fine
    The last time i succeed to get the passenger window to go down was by pressing the driver side switch down 30 to 40 times. but that does not work anymore.
    I suspect a bad driver side switch.
    How to be sure that the problem is the driver side switch

Can we repair the driver's Window switch

I replaced the motor and the new one goes down but refuse to go up

Any help or link will be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Re: 1999 Deville - can we repair the driver's Window switch ?

If the motor makes it go one way it's not the motor. Power just gets reversed to it to make it go the other way. If you think it's the switches you'd need to get new ones, either from the dealer or parts store if available or a junk yard. It could also be that a wire wore out and broke between one of the doors and the door frame.

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Get a replacement off ebay for the drivers switch and be done with it. About 40 bucks will get you one or all of them of you're lucky.

cmwiess is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille

The main driver switch has a circuit board, no repairing the board but the contacts in the switch itself can be cleaned
    requires a little time and patience q-tips and a bit of electrical contact cleaner and some dielectric grease (very small amount on contacts )

gigisnowy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): deville DHS

you can take it apart to see if any tiny dirt is in it. It is-not fixable unless there is a loose pin or dirt. SWAP WITH REAR DOOR to test it....easy to swap .back and forth. I did this and confirmed the [both] switch is fine.

----------

put 12dc direct to module plug from small extra battery and alligator clip wires ...the only plug with thickest blue brown wires on the end of module. Windows go up and down...confirmed motor okay. Widow was slightly of track
    sol check for this. The switch is good confirmed with a rear door swap. Now the module does click but suspect this is the problem. Will swap with rear door one to check it. Other than this I might consider a wire issue somewhere yet I doubt that. I think it likely is the module...check this idea
    tommorrow

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.