looking to buy a new Deville 2000-2005
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, looking to buy a new Deville 2000-2005 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm looking to upgrade to a 2000-2005 Cadillac Deville and I'm looking for a caddy at least 60k on it ...
    still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

looking to buy a new Deville 2000-2005

I'm looking to upgrade to a 2000-2005 Cadillac Deville and I'm looking for a caddy at least 60k on it but looking to spend 6k at the most which Deville is my best bet

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

13ir14314 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 DHS, 1967 Eldorado
    Your best bet is going to be a base model. There are more of them and they're cheaper because they have less features. Of your looking on the Internet be careful I've seen a lot of base devilles marked as DTS or DHS. The easy was to know what your getting is the base has a digital dash. Says deville on the trunk and has a hood ornament and silver grill with no emblem. You do see some where those were changed but that's always the easiest way to know.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: looking to buy a new deville 2000-2005

also, have your favorite dealership run the VIN to see what the warranty service history was and ask them to print it out and the build sheet as well so you can see the full options list
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

Quote Originally Posted by 13ir14314 View Post
    Your best bet is going to be a base model. There are more of them and they're cheaper because they have less features. ......

Yes, this is what I did. Actually, the "Base" model had the perfect amount of features for me. Just about every option imaginable. The DHS models had cooled/heated seats, which I found very hard. My Base model has heated seats, which are nice and comfy.

I test drove about 5 DeVilles before buying, and I think every one of them had burning oil smell coming from engine. The one I bought had same smell. It was rear valve cover gasket - which was a pretty substantial job. I also had my torque converter locking solenoid go bad, which cost $2500 to fix. Plus, I had bad steering column, which I replaced myself. Bottom line, these cars are complex, plenty to go wrong. Check out carefully before buying.....

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo88

The DHS models had cooled/heated seats, which I found very hard. My Base model has heated seats, which are nice and comfy.

Good luck
    From what I know in 2004 all models got heated/cooled seats and all years previous just got heat I want cooled seats in my DHS but I guess it's not a big deal. I'm working on heated/cooled cup holders right now and found out in the process that Cadillac had a concept of doing it.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

No cooled seats on mine. It DOES have massaging lumbar though.

thenaaks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 deville
    My 04 base has cooled seats. I LOVE them!

DonRSD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond Deville DTS

Anyway to get cooled seats into a 2002 DTS that has heated seats?

Mojo88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond DeVille 'Base'

Quote Originally Posted by thenaaks View Post
    My 04 base has cooled seats. I LOVE them!
    Yeah well, you had BETTER love them. Your a$$ is parked in them every day, LOL!

But seriously, that feature was a big turn-off for me. Of course, the OP should let his own a$$ determine if the cooled seat option passes the comfort test.

Quote Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post
    Anyway to get cooled seats into a 2002 DTS that has heated seats?
    With enough time, money and effort anything can be done. That option uses a whole different heating/cooling system (Google Peltier Effect). You'd have to mount that plus change the switch. Not sure if it requires perforated seat cushions or not, but that is another thing to look into.

thenaaks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 deville
    I think it would require perforated leather, as there is a fan that blows the cool air to your back and butt. You'd also need the switch in the door. Seems like a lot of trouble.

Also, having never sat in a Deville without a/c seats, i find my seats to be extremely confortable. I wonder what I'm missing now :-)

I can live without cooled seats, but bun warmers are a no go item. This car spoiled me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    With enough time, money and effort anything can be done. That option uses a whole different heating/cooling system (Google Peltier Effect).
    Oh boy those thermal electric things bring the best out of me. I have 3 of them just to play with. When school starts in a couple of weeks I'm going to use their metal shop to mold some aluminum cup holders and stick on one of those things. I will have the only DHS with cooled/heated cup holders.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.