2000 Deville traction light comes on when its night time
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 2000 Deville traction light comes on when its night time in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; its not a lie i have 2000 deville my traction light never comes in day time but it comes on ...
    imran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): pearl white deville 2000

2000 Deville traction light comes on when its night time

its not a lie i have 2000 deville my traction light never comes in day time but it comes on when its dark outside,i dont know why is that i took it to mechanic he replaced both front rotors,pads,,,tierod bushings right side wheel bearing,and sway bar bushings ,he said this will take care traction light,but it comes on again when its dark.its happening 5 days in a row now.and car has no codes at all,any good solution will be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

The ONLY part that your mechanic replaced, that could possibly trigger the message, is the bearing. How are you pulling your codes? With an external scanner, or through the DIC?

Both ways,I went to autozone twice and a guy said no codes at all,and I did it myself through dic still no codes

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

Re: 2000 cadillac deville traction light comes on when its night time

Sounds like a short in the circuit. At dark/night the only difference I can think of is the headlamps come on. Try turning on the headlamps with the switch during the day and see if the Traction Light comes on again.

Vernon

NO codes? None in history? Exactly what light/message are you getting? Service TCS system? Traction engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    NO codes? None in history? Exactly what light/message are you getting? Service TCS system? Traction engaged?
    Traction controll,only the orange light nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
    Sounds like a short in the circuit. At dark/night the only difference I can think of is the headlamps come on. Try turning on the headlamps with the switch during the day and see if the Traction Light comes on again.

Vernon
    Yup I tried drove like hour/half no light

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    Theres another thing I forgot to mention, car shakes like if I go above 70,already did wheel balancing still no luck

pjb95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My ABS traction control light on my 95' Deville is on consistently. It's been disabled maybe , easily 5 years now!! It also triggers the message on the dashboard " service engine soon" don't be alarm, it come and goes on my car! unless you are really concern about having your ABS brakes working to the manufacture standards! I consulted with the gm good wrench guys about this issue. It's $75 just to diagnose the issue. They told me directly, it's an overrated issue which isn't worth fixing! That's my opinion, my car runs great, has been running fantastic for years regardless of all those messages and sensors going off on my electronic dashboard!

If the orange light is on, there has to be at least 1 C (chassis) code stored. Are you sure you're pulling the codes correctly? Go back and re-read the sticky on how to do so.

The Service Engine Soon light has NOTHING to do with a TCS/ABS fault. Ignoring it isn't doing you any favors, please don't suggest that other members do so.

Thanks for your help finally I was able to get rid of shaking after alinement and balancing ,but still got the traction problem,and it's very strange it comes only in dark,I tried in day time to keep my lights on,but no light at all,as soon it's starting dark outside the orange traction light comes in display,I showed many mechanics and spent money but couldn't figured out,any help will appreciated.

Manic Mechanic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

I want you to check something. I need you to check for proper operation of the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL), the reverse lamps, and the license plate illumination lamp. And I mean check it good. You will need a helper who is a competent driver with normal shoes on (don't want you or your house to get smashed because your 14 year old daughter got her flip flop stuck under the pedal etc.) Check all them in park, reverse, and drive with foot on and off the brake pedal, daylight and night. If at any time one or more cuts out or doesn't illuminate when it should be you should inspect the truck lid wiring harness in the immediate area of the trunk hinge for broken or shorted wiring. If it's just the CHMSL that isn't functioning also check it's resistance with an Ohm meter. Between hot and ground it should be 390 Ohms + or - 10.

This happens a lot, and causes a traction control lamp along with codes. I know you say you have no codes but this is the only thing related that I can find for a phantom traction light on this car.

Vernon

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

try covering up the photocell during the daytime to make the car think that it is night

and see if the traction light comes on then

if so then looking in the schematics for that photocell daylight signal could help track down the root cause
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

finally figured out the light comes on when turn signal flashes with head lights,day or night,any idea whats going on

twelcher is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imran
    finally figured out the light comes on when turn signal flashes with head lights,day or night,any idea whats going on
    Did you get it fixed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.