92 deville Running lights won't shut off?!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, 92 deville Running lights won't shut off?!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey I have a 92 deville and notice last night that my running lights won't turn off . Has anyone ...
    rigsb005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool 92 deville Running lights won't shut off?!!!

Hey

I have a 92 deville and notice last night that my running lights won't turn off .
    Has anyone had the problem and what is the fix ?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Re: 92 deville Running lights won't shut off?!!!

maybe you have twilight sentinal on, and are not waiting long enough to watch them go out?

twilight sentinal makes the lights go on and off automatcially at night.... but depending how far you turn the knob, they will stay on from 3sec to 3min.... to light your way while going into your house etc...

I wish that was the problem but the running lights are not shutting off. I waited almost a hour last night. I just pulled the fuse and this morning they are still staying on evening during the day . I will keep pulling they fuse until someone can help me figure it out.

Please Help

Thanks

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Theres probably something wrong with the light sensor on your dashboard.

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Try pulling the manual headlight switch all the way out to turn on the headlights, then pushing it all the way back in.

Hey

I have tried everything . Nothing seems to work .

Thanks

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

On my 80 T/A I had some really odd things like that happen and it ended up being a diode shorted in the alternator.

Basically it made a new path for power through the dash via the voltmeter (in your case, the alternator light). Look for it to be on, even dimly. That might be the case.

It was the bridge rectifier in my case, I don't remember exactly which diode in the bridge was shorted.

Remember also that GM likes to use switched grounds, so often if a wire gets shorted to ground, it does nothing more than turn something on. The dome lights are for sure. On my car the brake light fuse would blow on occasion and the dome light would be on with the headlights on, and then open the door, turn off. Headlights off and it would do other oddities.

So check Alternator, check headlight switch, check for blown fuses, check for shorted lightbulbs and then see where you end up.

Tom

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.