Need advice on selling Deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Need advice on selling Deville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello everyone, My career in the navy is coming to an end, and as a result I am selling the ...
    usnavydoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Need advice on selling Deville

Hello everyone,

My career in the navy is coming to an end, and as a result I am selling the things I cannot ship or take with me. I don't want to drive all the way from SC to CA, nor do I want to pay the $1000 to ship it, so I decided to sell my 2002 Deville DTS.

My questions are, what would be a fair price to ask for it? The car is fully loaded with all options including navigation, the only thing it doesn't have is night vision. It has 37,900 miles on it, and there is no problems with it. Cosmetically, there is some surface corrosion under the car that is common with cars from the east coast due to the salt on the road during snow season- the dealer said it is common, won't harm the car and I shouldn't fix it so I didn't. Other than that everything is in excellent condition. Blue Book says it is worth $32k retail and $29k private sell - but this is the real world and books are only a go by. In your opinion, since everyone here knows so much about Caddies, how much is a fair price?

Second question is that the car was purchased with finance from a bank - how do I go about selling a car privately when the title has a lien?

Thanks for all your help!

Johnny :coolgleam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

Re: Need advice on selling Deville

Hello Johnny,

Your pricing is in the correct range. But this is the real world...A couple of factors can change your accepted price. How fast do you need to sell? Is your car "certified" (6yr/100k) or under any transferable extended warranties? If it is "certified" you would be closer to the $31k number. It is easier to sell a car with a waranty. The other major factor is how much is still owed on the DTS? You need to recover enough to clear the note. So do the math and decide what your selling range is (at least determine the minimum you can sell for) ...after that it is...what the market will bear. I would think that between $27k-$29k would be a fair range. If you can, clean it up, maybe wax it...make it desiralble! They always look so nice all cleaned up!

Thanks for your service to our country, we sometimes don't say it enough!
    Good luck with your future endevours.
    Paul

northjerseynick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I always use edmunds.com , to get a fair market price when I am selling a vehicle... also do some research and see what cars of that caliber are selling for in the area...

Best Of Luck,

Nick

Ceed19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the party purchasing your vehicle will pay off your lien holder, the lien holder will give them the title, and give you the difference between what you owe and what they paid for the vehicle (if there is a difference)

BigCal34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't know if they have A CarMax in your area, but They are in a few States. They will buy your car from you, Checkout CarMax.com!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Keep in mind that Carmax will only give you wholesale price.

usnavydoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I am going to give carmax a try...according to their site they use the blue book as a go by guide, and the book says my car is worth $24,000 trade in. There doesn't seem to be much of a market where I am, for most people are interested in the CTS and STS nowadays. I was hoping to sell the car for $26,000, which is what I owe on it, and even at that price according to blue book it is a bargain. I am leaving my area soon and need to sell it before I can leave, so I guess I will have to pay them the $2000 difference out of pocket. I know I should not rush, but it has been a while since I have seen my family and I am eager to go see them. Again, thanks for all the advice!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Best of luck to you and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.