Illuminated Sail Panel Crests - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Illuminated Sail Panel Crests in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yes, they are quite expensive and quite difficult to install if you have no confidence in your wire splicing skills. ...
    tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
    Yes, they are quite expensive and quite difficult to install if you have no confidence in your wire splicing skills. I'm no professional electrician, but i suppose you could pick up the adapter that the crest will plug into from a gm dealer and then splice maybe the rear parking lamps for the wires to power the crest. Does that sound about right anyone? That adapter would then plug into the crest, which i found out is one solid piece and would be very difficult and almost not worth it to attempt to replace the flouresnt strip if its dead and the wires are live. so check a junk yard for fleetwoods or sixties with them or pay 80-95 per crest at a dealer, but its worth it because its soooooo pimp. Just soooooooooooooooooo pimp! I told my mom about them and she and my grandma both said theyd buy me a pimp cane to complete the look. Picture me, walkin out the drivers side with a gold cane the the crests illuminated...wow. lol
    Jacob Hoppe

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
    The hardest part of wiring it would be running the wires through the car. Connecting them would be easy. But the real hard part seems like cutting a hole in there and mounting it.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: Illuminated Sail Panel Crests

Yeah....... If it were my car, I dont think Id want to be cutting into it.......

Hey Andrew or Jacob...... Could you post a picture of the car with the crest thing out..... It might give an idea to some people what kind of cutting is necessary......

Andrew60SP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special
    Mine are glued down tight, so I wont be able to get a pic of it. But the hole should be the shape of the white part that sticks out the back of the emblem (refer to Jacob's pics)..ie round with a knob on the top.

These would make great sidemarkers for just behind the front wheel.

How are you supposed to get them out..... Just start prying when they die???

tru504187211 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
    Yup, Thats how I got mine out....I had the back all torn apart while I was putting in new rear speakers and so I had the sail panel interior piece off so i just pushed it (the crest) through to the outside. It got a bit messy with the factory adhesive not wanting to let go but it did eventually.

chickenbuttz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dude,

Mine are dead too. There's a pick a part near by (Gem City Auto Parts) that specializes in Cadillacs that I go to a lot. The guy said he has like 50 of them all dead and working used ones are had to come by.

Looks like you might have to do something yourself or start eating cup of noodles.

I was thinking of connecting really bright ass lights, like the ones you find on those key chain lights.

-CB

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
    Shoot. What the heck is it with the Caddy crests? I found a '90 Fleetwood in a junkyard in great condition (the back anyway). BUT the Light up crests were destroyed by someone wanting the emblem.

SoundAdvantage is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 87 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    I believe the emblems are just glued to the plastic top or the metal, whichever you have......... And the emblems he took pictues of...... (see above)...... have some sort of thingy that goes dingy into the body of the car.......

Are you sure about that Wes ? Well just don't get caught drinkin and drivin with your emblem all lit up or somebody from the impound lot will have a parts car!

You mutated my post !!! Curse you!!!!

Isnt post mutation against the user agreement......?

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre
    There are either little pins on the back of them that go through the metal to the inside of the car or a big clip that goes onto the chunk the wiring goes into. You have to get to it by taking the panel off inside the car that has the reading light. At least that's how I remember doing it on a friends old fleetwood. Wiring should be pretty easy. All you have to do is run it down into the trunk. On Chryslers anyway that kind of light isn't a normal 12volt light so if the Cadillac ones are like that too there might also be another part in the car you need. I was thinking about adding these to my Brougham but I don't want to drill any holes to do it. It would look neat tho

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.