'96 Coupe DeVille TCC Problem?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, '96 Coupe DeVille TCC Problem? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I've searched through the archives and found quite a bit of talk about the TCC and VCC problems, but I ...
    DAG
    DAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

'96 Coupe DeVille TCC Problem?

I've searched through the archives and found quite a bit of talk about the TCC and VCC problems, but I wasn't able to find any symptoms similar enough to mine (actually my Mom's) car to be sure.

First off, my Mom (a VERY active 70 year old!) is describing the problem to me over the phone, I'm not with the car. She says that the car doesn't seem to be shifting, or it doesn't want to go up to speed but runs fine otherwise (engine is smooth, etc). She took it to an independent shop and they diagnosed it as a faulty TCC, although they didn't give her the error code. After reading up on the TCC problems, I'm not convinced that its the root cause since she should still be able to drive the car normally, or at least not notice any difference in the way it drives. She's in Vegas with no hills at all.

My question. Does this sound like a solenoid problem instead of a TCC problem since it sounds like its not shifting? If so, what would the error code say if it were solenoids instead of TCC? Would there be a different code, and is it obvious enough to just change the solenoids?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DAG
    DAG is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: '96 Coupe DeVille TCC Problem?

I was able to find more info about the solenoids and feel better about that being the problem.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question Re: '96 Coupe DeVille TCC Problem?

As I am brain-dead mechanically I'm afraid I can't help with your mom's problem, but I am kind of curious as to exactly what specific model her car is, since there's no such thing as a '96 Coupe deVille - the last year for that model was 1993.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.