Top speed fuel cut off - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Top speed fuel cut off in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by FLEALAMI To all ye who find it acceptable to preach to those that don't abide by the ...
    klebrun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Sedan Deville

Re: Top speed fuel cut off

Quote Originally Posted by FLEALAMI
    To all ye who find it acceptable to preach to those that don't abide by the almighty 55, would you please show me where I advocated high speeds with traffic around? Actually I usually do 65 on I-95 but I have reached the Devilles cutoff point when nobody was around.
    Mr. Smith questions the need "2 got so fast??". My point is that if you are really so concerned about spending your life as a quadraplegic or killing the children then perhaps you should slow down from your "acceptable" speed. The problem is that everyone has their own acceptable speed. Remember that the guy in front of you is always the "road hog,idiot" and the guy tailgating you is the "maniac". You are "just right."
    That's why I like my second car...it goes 500mph, no tickets, and nobody preaches to me.

Flea
    And could you please show me where Mr. Smith advocates driving to work at 15 mph? Maybe that lies tag ought to be underneath your posts instead. Personally, I do not know where Mr. Smith got the idea that any of the previous posters were wanting to top out while on the way to work. He may have misunderstood a comment made in the thread. It happens to all of us. At that point, DaveSmed cleared up the misunderstanding. You then quoted Mr. Smith's post, made your own smart aleck comment on driving to work at 15 mph...ect, then immediately followed that with a comment about life being more fun with a little risk involved. If you were not associating your comment about risk with your response to Mr. Smith's post about driving to work too fast, then why did you include it? If you meant for it to be taken another way, you should have stated it accordingly. I made it very clear that I may be misunderstanding what you meant, yet you respond by insinuating with your little tag up there that Ranger and I are attempting to lie about your comments. It is your vagueness that created this misunderstanding, not anyone trying to lie about what you said. If you don't want anyone preaching to you, I suggest you make your meaning clear the first time around. Look, this is an obvious misunderstanding, so let's just call a truce and get this thread back on track.

MrSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Come on people. I was just asking because the posted that stated "I do 100 in my car like everyday ". I didnt mean to get anyone all upset. we have all gone over the speed limit one time or another. Im a Police Officer and I do it myself.

The only reason I was asking is because for us to be driving Lacs I feel we should drive with a more mature mind set.

And this dude in my area was doing 80mph in a 35mph zone and killed someone that was in Front of him.

Lets not fight about it. lets just think.

lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

My DHS cuts off around 115. Used to hit it alot when I first got it. I'm more cognizant of the limiter now and I let up earlier as I really don't like the way it kicks in. The first time it happened I thought the front end fell out or something. It's amazing how effortlessly this thing pulls to tripple digits, and maintains speed with less than 3K RPM. I'm kind of glad it is limited, otherwise I would undoubtedly be going faster.

55 is a joke. 70-80 ( 70 ) min in left lane is more common. Fast driving in city & residential areas is always a bad idea. It's called going nowhere fast.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

in town, stop and go traffic etc... I just go with the flow, I don't make myself stand out, I don't weave around, or do any of that...

... only on an open highway, like the NYS Thruway.... 2 lanes in each direction, 18 miles between exits, long streches.... when noone is aorund do I open her up....

... it helps to have one of the best radar detectors on the market too

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Like my dad told me years ago when I was learning to drive (1976 Olds Delta 88 Royale).

"If you are speeding through a neighborhood and hit a child, you will have to live with that the rest of you life, knowing you killed someone"

Yup, it will slow you down. Sure I do up to 10 over on the open highways, and MOST cops will leave you alone, but in the small towns and subdivisions, speed limit or very very close to. My town, they write you for 6 and up, and the fines are $$$$$$$$$. Expect $150 for 6 over. Owch.

Not saying I am better than anyone, I have 4 kids now, so I think about it more. And yes, I am that jerk who will call the cops for the @#$@#$ doing 50 down my street (it is only 2 blocks long) with my kids out front. Darn skippy I will, and yes, he got busted too. He was actually RUNNING from the very cops I called!!! They were happy to get a plate #..... Me too, got that piece of crap racing down my street.

Tom

MrSmith is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH
    Like my dad told me years ago when I was learning to drive (1976 Olds Delta 88 Royale).

"If you are speeding through a neighborhood and hit a child, you will have to live with that the rest of you life, knowing you killed someone"

Yup, it will slow you down. Sure I do up to 10 over on the open highways, and MOST cops will leave you alone, but in the small towns and subdivisions, speed limit or very very close to. My town, they write you for 6 and up, and the fines are $$$$$$$$$. Expect $150 for 6 over. Owch.

Not saying I am better than anyone, I have 4 kids now, so I think about it more. And yes, I am that jerk who will call the cops for the @#$@#$ doing 50 down my street (it is only 2 blocks long) with my kids out front. Darn skippy I will, and yes, he got busted too. He was actually RUNNING from the very cops I called!!! They were happy to get a plate #..... Me too, got that piece of crap racing down my street.

Tom
    Id come to your aid. " Darn skippy I will," and yes, I'd bust him for you .

lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

You know the thing that gets me the most, even more than someone speeding through a neighborhood, is people who speed through parking lots. That is the dumbest thing ever...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.