Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Suspension Issues

4K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  JimD 
#1 ·
Help!!! I have a 03 DTS getting speed limited to 90 and service suspension message. Replaced rear shocks with arnotts shocks. dummy sensors installed both front and rear. Car drove above 90 for few days then message returned. Checked all sensors were plugged in.

#8 · (Edited)
C0578 - Left Front Solenoid Circuit High​

Whatever your problem is, it is located at the LF strut.

From your original post
"dummy sensors installed both front and rear."​

Whatever you installed at the LF (strut) connection has failed or is not connected properly.

Since you replaced only the shocks, I can only guess at why you would be messing with the front end.

Minor point, but those are not sensors. Arnott provides "resistors" that fake the suspension system control module into seeing an electrical load that is similar to the electrical load of the OEM parts. The complete system theory of operation is much more than 90% of drivers have any interest in knowing.

#9 ·
Thanks Jim, the resistor(connector) that was installled on the driver front must be damaged from an aggressive bend when I was attempting to tie strap it to the strut. I'm thinking I must have broken one of the insulated wires maybe both. I plan on taking the resistor off and inspecting the lead wires .If I can't obtain another resistor what can i do to remedy the problem. I'm not savy with electrical diagrams, concepts and so forth..... but willing to try

Thanks so very much for your responses you have been a tremendous help; i'm truly grateful

FATCAT03

#10 ·
Thanks Jim, the resistor(connector) that was installled on the driver front must be damaged....
....If I can't obtain another resistor what can i do to remedy the problem.
Radio Shack is one source for a resistor that will satisfy the suspension control module. Ask for a package of 4.7K Ohm, 1/2 watt resistors.

I recommend soldering the resistor into the circuit and take steps to insulate and waterproof.

Happy to help.

#11 ·
Jim I just inspected the resistor no damage I can see to the wires but for some reason this arnott resistor has two predrilled threaded holes in the center of it none of the others do. I'm not sure if it matters just wondering. As far as radio shack; is this a plug and play situation. or do i have to splice something.... not getting it

#14 ·
ok i will send a pic. at work now will be late tonight when i get home or in the am. I have the resistor from radio Shack have no idea what to do with it??? In terms of how to fabricate it to mate with the car's female connector. here is a link showing ther pic. Shocks for rear pic of resistor for front

//www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid6_pid45.htmlor.

#18 ·
personally i would test it with a crimp or twist... and then solder if it was correct

the correct full write-up on this is in the tech tips section (i think)

whether you wire directly to the car's harness or use some other method to plug into the body harness is up to you
i would recommend on preserving the connector on the body harness but that's just me

#24 ·
There is no "need to". Since you no longer have the SPEED LIMITED TO XX message, you have repaired/bypassed the C0578 fault situation. The suspension control module is happy and what was a "current" code yesterday is now a "history" code and will be automatically cleared after some number of drive cycles.

Clear the codes OR not, the end result is the same in some short period of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.