Wiper Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Wiper Problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have intermittent wiper function on my 2000 Deville. Sometimes they go on by themselves and I can't stop them, ...
    gr8lksr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

Unhappy Wiper Problem

I have intermittent wiper function on my 2000 Deville. Sometimes they go on by themselves and I can't stop them, or sometimes they don't work at all. I have replaced three motors (with control modules), one multi function switch, and one new wiring harness, (power to motor). They still act up...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

onecool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville

Re: Wiper Problem

need more infoe type of cadi can year would be nice but off hand i say look at your wiper switch.

Ashtrayhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS

Exclamation Re: Wiper Problem

I'm having the same problem with my '00 DTS. I originally had a wiper parking problem (parked straight up) and after checking posts it was suggested that the wiper motor was bad. I replaced the motor and the wipers worked normally after installation. I was happy. Then after a few days the wipers started working on their own, like rain-sense was working with no rain. Then the very next day they run on full speed no matter what the setting on the signal stalk. I have gone through 1020 posts and see no other solution other than I got a bum A1 Cardone reman. Gonna rip everything apart again and see if the motor works properly unattached to the transmission and go from there. Gonna order a new signal stalk as well.
    I'll add to this thread with my findings. In my 30 years of working on cars have never, ever seen this kind of wonky phenomena with windshield wipers.

Ashtrayhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DTS

Re: Wiper Problem

Had the same problem for a year now, 00 DTS. Put in a Cardone reman and it was good for about a month then the wonky wiper horror started all over again. A1 Cardone has a tech bulletin out about a ground issue etc. Gonna go with the NEW A1 Cardone and see if it's any better, -30C out there now so not gonna happen for at least a week. I'll update this post after install. only other option if it does not work is the new AC Delco unit...300$ Imagine dropping 500$ to fix a wiper issue over a period of a year and a half. Oh yeah, funny how people look at you going by on a sunny day in July with your wipers squeeking across the windshield....COOL!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.