E40 code rough idle lack of power
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, E40 code rough idle lack of power in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have been doing a lot of reading on this but have not come to a solution exactly. From what ...
    TravisJamesBarrett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 deville

E40 code rough idle lack of power

I have been doing a lot of reading on this but have not come to a solution exactly.
    From what I see the power steering pressure switch is supposed to be on the steering rack, mine is located on the passenger side of the car near what looks like a cooler of some sort. It is a metal power steering line for sure. Anyway I broke the sensor off, I put it back together figuring since I only broke the snap ring it would work, I was wrong.
    However I also have no A/C and it seems to be starting in the wrong gear unless I manually select 1st.
    Is this the same problem or is this a fuse I am looking for. I have checked all fuses, the ones inside the car on the drivers side and the ones under the fuses/relay cover in the engine bay and found nothing.

Im going to buy a new sensor tomorow but is this likely the only problem with the car does this sensor really have that much control over the car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Re: E40 code rough idle lack of power

Under the dash on passenger side, remove the hush panel. There is a fuse relay center. Check the fuses.

onecool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Deville

Wink Re: E40 code rough idle lack of power

yes he right check that fuse, if i rember right its a 20 or 25 amp fuse and controls I few sensors if it keeps blowing check for a short at the A\C Pump.

TravisJamesBarrett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 deville

AC compressor is on its way out, that fuse was blown also the sensor was shot thanks for info on where the fuses were

DReffects is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special 4.9l V8, '01 Sebring Convertible, '13 300C

THANKS, had that problem too! 15AMP fuse blown. Didn't find the scource though. simply blown, replaced, working^^

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.