Cadillac Owners Forum banner

can i tow with my 89 brougham??

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brougham 
#1 ·
I just recently bought my first boat and trailer and was wondering if i could use my brougham to tow it. Its a small 14ft aluminum jon boat. i think the trailer is heavier than the boat. If the car is capable of towing how would i go about adding the hitch? its a 307 5.0. should i use my 95 concours instead?

#2 ·
Either car would easily tow a jon boat. I would choose the 89 brougham to mount the hitch too since it takes a class 3 hitch over the concours since it takes a class 2 hitch. Hitches and harnesses are widely available for either car online. Most of them just bolt up to the frame using existing holes.

#6 ·
The class of hitch depends on how heavy a load you plan on towing. Either car shouldn't have a problem towing the boat. You can compare the hitch prices online but that's one of those things you'd be better off looking for locally. You shouldn't have a problem finding one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.