Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; That is a BIG difference from here, or any other place I have lived I can say that. The only ...
    N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

That is a BIG difference from here, or any other place I have lived I can say that.

The only place on the red lights is Colorado Springs, where the light turns red and that is the cue for 6 more cars to go though, they don't speed up, they just go through....

Yup, don't blame you at ALL for parking it!!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

Our 24 Y.O. Son purchased his 1st new car, taking delivery Feb 24th past. (a Mazda 3 Grand Touring Edition, tip top of the line) with all options. It's really nice and is midnight dark purple metallic. The color of a Plum.
    It's now 1 year & 3 months old. He has 2 rather deep door dings, made of course by SUVs (they are high up on the sides, that is how one can tell.) He tries to park far away - not always possible. 2 dings in 15 months = 4 in 30 months = 6 in 45 months or 4 years. "But, they will hold the Mall door open for you!" "F' em!"

Need to come up with a 'dingbar' that has some rather rough material like the end of a fram oil filter and have it set on the top of the tires and go from one of the car to the other and if they open too far, it will leave a nasty ding on them, but none on yours... Cars with fender skirts might have a little harder time.... Or something that is a rubber strip that is able to be easily put on, but secure down the outside of the doors. At least take the ding out of some of them....Something not easily stolen, but easily put on and taken off when you drive...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Lookey what I found on Craigslist. http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/car/734962840.html

Lots of miles but looks in good condition. Price is still a little on the high side, especially because few people know the rarity of this car.

Oops, wrong thread.

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hi guys! Excellent and usefull topic, thanks million times

I want you ask you something;
    "While the '87 & '88 Sixty Special had their unique longer wheelbase, the '89 through '93 models were differentiated from the Deville by the special interior trim package that included 22-way power driver and passenger seats. Italian designer Giorgio Giugiaro created the glove-soft leather seating which included built-in heating elements, a center clamshell armrest with flip-up seat adjustment control panel, and an electrically-powered slide-out storage bin. This seating package was standard from 1989 through 1992."

What does "electrically-powered slide-out storage bin" means? Can you show me its picture or video? Thats sounds amazing! And so 22 Way Option Seat. Wov! I think today only Maybach and Rolls-Royce has got that!

Last question is, Does Computer Command Ride is similar to Benz's ABC?

robailey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1987 Fleetwood Sixty Special, 1975 Coupe Deville, 2008 SRX

I have a 1987 Fleetwood Sixty Special and am just learning how rare it is. Any information that I could get would help. Mine was also used in the 1987 Bing Crosby golf tournament

^ Nice! We need pictures of that. They only made about 1000 of those cars so yes, it is very rare. What type of info are you looking for? All the systems on the car should be very similar if not the same as a regular Fleetwood/DeVille. The only real difference is the car is a little longer. My Fleetwood is also rather rare and I have yet to see another one like it. There was one on Ebay a few months ago but I have seen nothing like it since.

TuneUpsNSuch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 Sedan DeVille

Great read. We currently have a Coupe (sorry, not a Fleetwood) that will be going up for sale soon after I work out a few minor things like fixing the visor lights and replacing the antenna mast/cable kit. It has 39k actual miles and came from the original owner.

Cadillac_Devil_X is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Deville Sedan

Thanks for the info...

WOW - I have been away for a long, long time. I still have my 1993 60 Spcl. and hardly ever drive it. It has 12,900 miles and is still shoeroon condition. This year, 2011 I took her out 4 times, driving her a total of 88 miles.
    Also still have the 2003 Town Car "LIMITED ED". She has 13,003 miles. Both are showroom. My wife still has her 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4.
    It has 90,000 miles and is still going strong, no rust and mint condition.
    She gets stopped monthly by people who want to buy "JEEPERS" as she named her, long time ago.

So..... what's new, here ? Been off board for a long time.

While I was missing in action.... I turned 65 years old.
    Lost Weight, lost hair, lost money, and am starting to lose memory.
    Not much else to say.

Welcome back Sandy! Was wondering if you were hanging around still!

Just don't forget about us!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    WOW - I have been away for a long, long time. I still have my 1993 60 Spcl. and hardly ever drive it. It has 12,900 miles and is still shoeroon condition. This year, 2011 I took her out 4 times, driving her a total of 88 miles.
    Also still have the 2003 Town Car "LIMITED ED". She has 13,003 miles. Both are showroom. My wife still has her 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4.
    It has 90,000 miles and is still going strong, no rust and mint condition.
    She gets stopped monthly by people who want to buy "JEEPERS" as she named her, long time ago.

So..... what's new, here ? Been off board for a long time.

While I was missing in action.... I turned 65 years old.
    Lost Weight, lost hair, lost money, and am starting to lose memory.
    Not much else to say.

I still check in, now & AGAIN. I don't have alot to contribute. The 60 Special is in a winter car facility that another man & I take care of & oversee that all is okay. It's a mere 15 minute drive away from home. It's kept at 66 drgrees al winter, and we have 10 cars stored there. I do not mean to say they are all OUR cars. They are not. I have 1 and the man has 1 car in there as well. We wATCH OVER

Adema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94' Deville Concours

849 in Cotillion White (Includes 110 Ultra)
    I got a 94' DeVille here w/ Ultra package if I'm not mistaken heh.
    I know for a fact it has
    "Driver "Memory" Seat, with two setting positions, plus "EXIT" function.
    Driver & Passenger Power Seat Recliners
    ULTRA Feature Model:-
    Includes the above two items, plus:-
    Power Seatback Side Bolsters; Triple Element Power Lumbar Supports;
    Power Thigh Supports; Power Adjustable Headrests; Heated Front
    Seat Cushions & Seatbacks; Rear Seat Armrest has Dual Cupholders;"
    it's still new to me, so I'm still checkin it out :P Cool to know though I got a good one in great condition. Says Concours on the side.. *shrugs*

Adema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94' Deville Concours

sry for double post, but I've read more into them, i understand what i have now, and what the sixty special is and cannot edit my previous post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.