Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks Sandy...once again you rock...Now if you could shed some light on the rearview mirror question and how to get ...
    nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Thanks Sandy...once again you rock...Now if you could shed some light on the rearview mirror question and how to get the am/fm cd player to work you would be the King (next to Elvis). It has power running through it but no sound out of the speakers. How many speakers does the system have? One final thing, the electric heaters on the seats are not working either...so many problems so little time/money.

cadman59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Quote Originally Posted by nsharma1999
    Thanks Sandy...once again you rock...Now if you could shed some light on the rearview mirror question and how to get the am/fm cd player to work you would be the King (next to Elvis). It has power running through it but no sound out of the speakers. How many speakers does the system have? One final thing, the electric heaters on the seats are not working either...so many problems so little time/money.
    the regular Delco radios can not directly replace Bose radios and vice versus because the Boses used special amplified speakers that the delco could not run. If you can find a factory service manual you can see the wiring differences and can figure out how to change over, I have not looked at the wire diagram for those systems for a couple of years, but I know you will have to change speaker and maybe some wiring .
    Lance

youbetcha77 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood RWD, 99 Deville

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Does this car have the factory Bose system? As for the rearview mirror the wiring is probably there, but just tucked away up there. They found it to be cheaper to have one harness than make several different ones when building the car.

Blaze

nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yes it has the factory Bose CD player...I know it has power going to it cause I can tune into the FM stereo and if I crank the volume I can make out some sound ever so faintly...So I think it has something to do with the speaker system and the fact that each one has its own amplifier. I was just hoping for some advise before I go barking up the wrong tree. To all who replied, thank you.

Nick

Braden Getting is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Sixty Special

Where there any Royal Maroon sixty specials with the ultra package. Cause Im pretty sure mine has it. I know I have everything but I haven't looked if I have the memory option yet.

derrty_deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac CDV 102k

Ultra seats have a horizontal stitch pattern. Standard Fleetwood/60 seats are the button pattern. Easyiest way to tell the difference.

joe cat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

Sandy / Would it be possible to obtain from you the color breakouts for the1992 and 1993 coupe deveilles

What was the last year of the fleetwood coupes?

Joe Cat

allensimec is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

Hi I have a 1993 sixty special. There is a c where my temperture # should be. My heater is on full and I have no control over any of my heate. Also my gas gaugue is not on. These two items stopped working at the same time. thank You sandra

ld00deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sandy, Werent you part of the Mark VIII forums????

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Braden, Royal Maroon ended with the 1992s. Therefore there were no 1993 Sixty Specials with the ULTRA package, IN Royal Maroon.

Derrty deVille, 1989-1992 Sixty Specials had the tuffted button design, 1993 Sixty Specials had a wide spaced horizontial design and the Sixty
    special ULTRA had a vertical design.

Joe Cat: Fleetwood (Front Wheel Drive) COUPES were made in:-
    1985; 1986;1989 thru & including 1992. There was one (1) 1993
    Fleetwood Coupe made for brochure photography, but after it was made, the
    model was dropped. Unknown where IT might be. It was Dark Cherry, and had no options.

ido6 deville; Yes, I was on the Mark 8 board and was Chairman of the board and I quit, and walked away. Things were done that were wrong, that I had
    No knowledge of
    nor any computer knowledge of how to do such things
    and my ID was stolen and attached, to make it look
    like I was responsible for the wrong doing - when in fact; I didn't
    posess the knowledge nor ability to carry out, the security breach
    that took place. I was totally 100% innocient, yet all "facts"
    pointed at me.
    Certain members resented that a Jewish person was member-elected
    to be COB. They can all go to a very hot place! I sold my Lincoln,
    kept my 60 Special, and came over here.
    Over here is warm, cozy & friendly.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Sandy, what was your lincoln? I would die to have one of the Continental Mark IV/V (jubilee edition) lincolns. I saw one on Ebay one time that had T-tops and I started drooling instantly.

My most recent Lincoln, is my current 2003 Town Car - "Spring Feature Car" ~ THE LIMITED;
    which is in Silver-Green Stardust with Grey/Beige leather, and every possible option. It has 9,842
    miles on it. Terrific car, rides like satin silk and with theimproved suspension can actually handle,
    and take curves & turns sharply. She replaced a

1998 Mark VIII LSC "Collector-Edition" # 1185 of 1326 made. She was Pearl White Metallic with
    Cashmire interior. She was like many women, drop dead beautiful, but a LEMON !! Never had
    so much trouble with one car. They kept giving me Town Car loaners, and that convinced me
    to sell my MK 8 and buy what I have now, which has yet to have even a minor adjustment needed.

Prior were 1968, 1972, 1974 and 1975 Imperials. 1968 Crown Convertible with ultra-rare bucket
    seat option, 1972 LeBaron 4-Dr. Hdt. & 1974 2-Dr. Hdt. & 1975 LeBaron Crown Coupe. All were
    black-on-black, except the 'Vert that was light green with dark green roof & dk. green leather.

Then, there was my wife's 1988 Sedan deVille in Mary Kay Pink, we bought used from our
    local M.K. distrubitor, with 9,000 miles on it, in 1990. Then my current (and forever)
    1-off 1993 Sixty Special, currently with 9842 miles, and in storage.

I have pics of all on the web, but my computer crashed and I am on a miserble lap top
    and cannot
    do anything except reply & post, for now.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

How can one person own so many cars? I think I am just used to the way my family thinks though. We buy our cars new and run them into the ground. For example, our E-150 van has 190,000+ miles (impressive considering we pulled a 7000 lb trailer with it for 10 years and have never rebuilt engine or tranny), is 14 years old and starting to rust in several places, but it still runs so we keep on driving it. Even when my parents where my age, they would buy crappy used cars for a few hundred bucks and fix them up and keep them for 4-5 years until they found another similarly cheap car. My family is all a bunch of mechanics, so when something breaks we just fix it ourselves.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

When I was working for the group that designed the Gen 2.6+ OnStar, he had to design around a 220K/10 year concept.

My 94 Fleetwood Brougham is up to 247K on stone stock drivetrain (sans rear that is out for upgrade to posi....). Stock trans/engine. How many 4L60E's survive 200K+ without a rebuild? Mine was a factory tow package car. Tip: ALWAYS buy the tow package option! If I buy a ride, I like to keep it (if I am buying it, I am expecting long life, which is what I look for in a car). I have put 100K+ on my FW now in a hair over 3 years. Yeah, it gets driven and punched and tuned and had fun with, while still driving 600-700 miles a week....

Back to topic.... As much as Sandy's car is too cool, if I had a special car, I would not want to drive it, but yet that is its intention. So it would tear me up to let it sit, but I guess as long as I could take it out and drive now and again, and show it off and enjoy it like Cadillac intended, then that is cool. At least Sandy did get to drive it for a while and enjoy it a lot early on before he stored it. Just get out and drive it some at least. Start going to car shows and show it off. Show that that was one of the last possible custom GM cars around.... Make 'em drool!

Dirt Cheap fleetwood........

Firstly, I am 61 years old, so....I have been driving for 44 years. When I worked, I was in the car business, so frequent car changes were the norm. Sadly, I live in New Jersey - home of THE most aggressive, nasty drivers on earth. The only place where drivers actually speed-up to a red light! The mindset here is....."So, I dented your car....big F_ _ _ _ _ g deal. Live with it, and the last word after "it" would be "Punk" if you are under 23 and "Old Fart" if you are over 45. People bang their doors into whatever is parked next to them, without a care in the world.....Oh, but yes, they will hold the supermarket door open for you, 90 seconds after throwing their car's door into you car's side. Whoopie....

So, I hate taking the older car outside. It's plain UNsafe, around these parts. 70% of the population lease, so, it's not their car, and in 30 months they'll get a new one. It's "Just a car"..... so they will tell ya.

Hard to get parts, now, for a 1993 Caddy. (and) I have NO stockpile in the celler) !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.