Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The part #s are on the boxs that my 2 new spares are in, and they are in my Sixty ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

The part #s are on the boxs that my 2 new spares are in, and they are in my Sixty Special's trunk, and my Sixty Special is 3 miles from here in storage, so.......
    But don't 'ya think you really ought to leave the very very few that are still left in inventory for owners of 89-93 Fleetwood/Sixty Specials, who HAVE to have them, as they were OEM equipment?

nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

There's a factory sticker on the spare tire cover which I would love to decipher if anyone can help out. Also, the paint code says words to the effect base coat/clear coat and code 079...so what color is my car?

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    The part #s are on the boxs that my 2 new spares are in, and they are in my Sixty Special's trunk, and my Sixty Special is 3 miles from here in storage, so.......
    But don't 'ya think you really ought to leave the very very few that are still left in inventory for owners of 89-93 Fleetwood/Sixty Specials, who HAVE to have them, as they were OEM equipment?
    I finally came across a tread that talk about the illuminating crest on the pillar. I was at a junk yard somtime last year and happen to come across one. What did I do? Well I took and brought it home. Does it run on 12v. Also mine doesn't work so I thought that maybe I will replace it with an LED or a regular buld. I understand that you would like to conserve it for the sixty owner, but over here I hardly see them and also people are more likely to dont bother about their car. Like I said I would like that on my 94 Concours.
    Is it $90!!!!!!!!!!! That is quite expensive but worth the look.

Sandy one more thing I know you want to punch me in the face for asking this question: What the different between a 94 De Ville and De Ville Concours?
    Bill

Sandy one more thing I know you want to punch me in the face for asking this question: What the different between a 94 De Ville and De Ville Concours?Ya know, the 1994s are not my "forte" ~ that is, there are others on board here that know them ALOT better than I do, which is to say...I don't know very much about them. I am sorry !

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Quote Originally Posted by 94CaddyConcours
    I finally came across a tread that talk about the illuminating crest on the pillar. I was at a junk yard somtime last year and happen to come across one. What did I do? Well I took and brought it home. Does it run on 12v. Also mine doesn't work so I thought that maybe I will replace it with an LED or a regular buld. I understand that you would like to conserve it for the sixty owner, but over here I hardly see them and also people are more likely to dont bother about their car. Like I said I would like that on my 94 Concours.
    Is it $90!!!!!!!!!!! That is quite expensive but worth the look.

Sandy one more thing I know you want to punch me in the face for asking this question: What the different between a 94 De Ville and De Ville Concours?
    Bill
    Might have been my thread you were reading on those crests 94caddy , as i installed them on my 94 Sedan Deville ....dont run regualr bulbs in them , they get far to hot for the case they sit in....

I need to get back out to the junkayrd where i found 4 complete sets of illuminated crests and grab them , then test them to see which ones work , the ones that dont i will rebuild and possibly sell ....The ones that work will go in a box and be saved for future 60 speical owners

As for the difrences between the two , there are alot.
    Concourse got the 32v northstar ,Standard devilles got the 4.9
    Concourse got a diffrent suspension , diffrent wheels , diffrent seats and interior c pillars , diffrent trim on the outside , diffrent grill e, deleted hood ornament , rear wheel skirts ,diffrent tranny,rear vanity mirrors ....and a few other items ....Later on concoruse even got rid fo the bench seat and used a floor shifter

I got mine from the junk yard and it didnt work so open it and threw everything inside out. It was faded at the same time. I thought I could get by with a 5 or 10 watts buld or LED<-- never work with one before so it must be hard for me.

How much are you willing to sell a pair for? And how difficult is it to rebuilt it if I must ask. I think I will be heading to the junk yard. How did you pay for it over there at the junk yard? I think you should carry a 9 or 12 volts battery and test it while you're there

Quote Originally Posted by 94CaddyConcours
    I got mine from the junk yard and it didnt work so open it and threw everything inside out. It was faded at the same time. I thought I could get by with a 5 or 10 watts buld or LED<-- never work with one before so it must be hard for me.

How much are you willing to sell a pair for? And how difficult is it to rebuilt it if I must ask. I think I will be heading to the junk yard. How did you pay for it over there at the junk yard? I think you should carry a 9 or 12 volts battery and test it while you're there
    they arent hard to rebuild , ill see if i can dig up my thread on it ...the hardest part is seperateing the clear plastic from the rest so you can get the rest of the stock stuff out .....The LED isnt hard to work with at all , you simply buy the bulb and stick it in , i got my 194 style led bulbs from here : www.superlumination.com ....they sell diffrent types of 194 style led bulbs , youll need the type that shines light towards the sides , it has a concave (dished) lense on it

here is the thread where i discussed rebuilding them
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...minated+crests

i just found out i forgot to reply to quantum ...now i feel bad ....

all in all this has been a pretty popular subject here , glad i could be part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    here is the thread where i discussed rebuilding them
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...minated+crests

i just found out i forgot to reply to quantum ...now i feel bad ....

all in all this has been a pretty popular subject here , glad i could be part of it
    Hey thank for the help?

I went to the auto wreckers yesterday and what do I see? A fully intact 1991 Fleetwood, white with blue cloth interior. Naturally the first thing I took were the illuminated crests on the pillars...and yes there is a round clip that holds it against the metal after you pry back the sticky material. Also has real wood trim inside which except for the drivers side door is in near new condition. I also bought a Delco am/fm radio with cassette in case I can't get my Bose am/fd cd player to work.The car has mint body moulding so if anyone needs anything I'll see what I can do. We Canadians are a friendly bunch.Nick

I need to get another remote keyfob which I think I'll be able to pick up at the auto wreckers...only thing is I don't know how to program it. I recall seeing a thread/site somewhere on the web so if anyone can help me out here please jump right in. Also, still waiting for some answers on my previous posts...Sandy? Did I piss someone off here? I'm a police officer (RCMP) so I'm used to not getting much respect but come on guys...

Its probabaly the horse dude , id get a crown vic if i were you.....

as for programing , im not positive on your year , most likely its similar to mine , where you find a tiny plug in the trunk and ground it with they key in the run position , then hit unlock on each of your fobs and badda bing, your done ...but im not positive so hopefully someone can verify this

Thanks Stoneage, for a while there I thought I was talking to myself. As for the Crown Victoria, we have the option of driving the Chevy Impala or the Ford. While I've never been a Ford man I'll take the Crown over the Impala any day...I prefer the predictability of rear wheel drive to help me steer around corners and the Police Interceptor package with the little 302 really moves well. It handles and sticks well to the road with the wider Goodyears. I've only totalled one PC so far and it wasn't my fault - t boned at an intersection while going code 3 with the green in my favor.

Now going back to my original posts, what paint code is the blue firemist (I think thats my color but not too sure). Also, my 60 never came with the photochromatic rear view so I picked up one from the wreckers. Is the wiring harness tucked away behind the astro roof switch or am I gonna have to run new wiring to get it to work. Thanks again.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nsharma1999
    Thanks Stoneage, for a while there I thought I was talking to myself. As for the Crown Victoria, we have the option of driving the Chevy Impala or the Ford. While I've never been a Ford man I'll take the Crown over the Impala any day...I prefer the predictability of rear wheel drive to help me steer around corners and the Police Interceptor package with the little 302 really moves well. It handles and sticks well to the road with the wider Goodyears. I've only totalled one PC so far and it wasn't my fault - t boned at an intersection while going code 3 with the green in my favor.

Now going back to my original posts, what paint code is the blue firemist (I think thats my color but not too sure). Also, my 60 never came with the photochromatic rear view so I picked up one from the wreckers. Is the wiring harness tucked away behind the astro roof switch or am I gonna have to run new wiring to get it to work. Thanks again.

Nick
    judgeing by my car the harness may be in there , ive found harness plugs for other options in my car , ive utilized them for other items , so id imagine the provisions are there for it , only way to find out is to pull the astro roof panel and see what you can find

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Blue Firemist was code # 83 Sorry, I missed that post....

Platinum Silver Metallic
    Light Sapphire Blue Metallic
    Black-Sapphire Metallic (Navy Blue)
    Cotillion White
    Sable Black
    Carmine Red Metallic (Metallic Red)
    Royal Maroon Metallic
    Academy Gray Metallic (Dark Grey)
    Sapphire Blue Metallic (Medium Blue)
    Slate Green Metallic (Medium/Dark Grayish Green)
    Light Beige Metallic (Very Very Light Gold)
    Taupe Metallic (Lilac-Gray)
    Autumn Brown Metallic (Color of a Chestnut > Dark Reddish Brown)
    Dark Plum Metallic (Color of the outer skin of Eggplant - Dark Purple)
    Mary Kay Pink (Pale Pastel Pink)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.