Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac DeVille 1985 to 2005 including:
1985-1992 Fleetwood, 1993 Sixty Special, All FWD Forum Discussion, Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thats a very beautiful Fleetwood Coupe in White on White. Actually, no, the roof line was no longer, but the ...
    Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

Thats a very beautiful Fleetwood Coupe in White on White. Actually, no, the roof line was no longer, but the addition of the landau roof made it look longer. THAT car is a 1991 or a 1992, because of the widER bodyside moulding, showing more chrome!

Aaron J Williams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 61 ragtop,2 67 eldos,68 ragtop,68CDV,89SDV,90 fleet,93 ETC

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

Wow, what a thread!
    Thanks for all the excellent info Sandy. I have a 1990 sixty special with the goofy electric brake booster . Why in the world would they even invent such a thing? Anyway, the power cupholder built into the front seat was one of the reasons I bought the thing in the first place, it's pretty cool.I guess I never thought it was rare or special but now I think i'll fix it up and keep it instead of selling it,Thanks!

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Specials

ERROR - See Below

'Ya know, I've never seen that electric cup thingiee ! Describe for me how she works, pleezzze ! Oh & what color is the car ?? ??

Re: Still receiving PMs and e-mails asking the difference between de Villes & 60 Spec

The car is dark metallic blue with dark blue interior. It has aluminum wheels that look kind of like the old pontiac honeycomb wheels only these ones look good. The power cup thing is built into the driver side seat right in front of the arm rest and has a padded cover on it and a switch on the front face like a power window switch. When you motor it out, the cover moves as well revealing a stash spot and if you slide the cover back over the stash spot it reveals 2 cupholders at the front. I'll take a couple of pics and email them to you if you wish. Or I could post them here?

Ah Ha!! With that description it has come to mind & I do vividly recall that. Did you know that only the 1989 & 1990 Sixty Special had that? It's true! For 1991, 1992 & 1993 they deleted that and made that chusion all one piece with nothing operating, just one piece smooth leather.

I did not know that ! Thank god mine works or I'd never find parts for it. I don't know why they would discontinue that , it's a pretty neat feature. If a person were to relocate the switch up under the dash or something you would never know it was there. I never knew until the seller opened it to see if she left anything in it before I took the car home and I had looked at the car 5 times before then! All in all it's a good car. It has some problems but with 208599 mi. you can expect that. The seat heater is something that I wished would work but my wife is too busy driving it for me to take the seat out and find out what's wrong. It seems to have a smoother ride than my 89 deville but they should have the same suspension,right?

Yes, right! Could be different tires and/or different or newer shocks. They should ride & drive 98% identical to one & other. I do not know why the opening center cushion was altered. Probably to save money. I have a 1993 Sixty Special, but it's not what you have. They changed the names for the final year making what was formerely the Fleetwood in 1989-1992 the Sixty Special and making what was the Sixty Special in 1989-1992 the Sixty Special ULTRA. However, it wore NO "ULTRA" designation on the exterior, & the only way to tell them apart was to look inside !!

Interesting note: IF one looks in the 1993 exterior body parts - service manual addendium one can see an emblem that looks like this: ULTRA in chrome supposidly on the "C" pillar next to the wreath & crest, denoting what it was. In real life production it was omitted. I tried to order one (Just to have something that was never used) as there was a part # and it came back N/A so I figure they never made any such emblems.

So in 93 there were no fleetwoods,just 60 specials and ultras? That sounds like a sales tactic to me. Anyway, they are pretty nice cars. I like mine almost as much as my 93 eldo. If only my fleetwood had a northstar motor hmmmm...now the wheels are turning in my mind. 300hp fleetwood sleeper eating civics for lunch

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron J Williams
    The power cup thing is built into the driver side seat right in front of the arm rest and has a padded cover on it and a switch on the front face like a power window switch. When you motor it out, the cover moves as well revealing a stash spot and if you slide the cover back over the stash spot it reveals 2 cupholders at the front. I'll take a couple of pics and email them to you if you wish. Or I could post them here?
    Oh my god, thats the coolest thing I've heard in a long time! You need to post pics of that here! I need to see this!

Rick Franklin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 89 Fleetwood Sixty Special has the power cup holder thingie too. Its waaaaay cool. I also love the power tilt and up and down adjustments on the head rests. My car has 108,000 miles. It drives like a dream....gets 28.5 mpg on the hiway....Its BLACK with a gray leather interior. Im the 2nd owner. Been driving LINCOLNS for 17 years.....now i ask myself WHY?????

nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well I finally did it...I am the proud owner of a 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special. The car is a beauty and is all original. It has a power moonroof, 22 way adjustable seats with power headrests. It has original paint and the body and trim are in mint condition...

It needs a few repairs:
    - the stock cd/radio doesn't work.
    - the heater on the front seats do not work.
    - the little marker lights on the front fenders that indicate your turn do not work.
    - the A/C compresser is disconnected and probably needs to be replaced.

But I love the car. It gets looks every where it goes...Stay tuned for pics.

ps: does anyone know how to adjust the time on the radio? Also where do I find out the paint code...Its a medium blue with grey leather interior.

Thanks all.

nsharma1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Oh I forgot to mention, the crest on the drivers side padded roof doesn't light up...the passenger side glows...Is it easy to fix?

And finally how can I post pics of my car on this site (once I've detailed it of course).

Nick

Get yourself to a Caddy dealer TOMORROW! Order the correct side, they ARE different, and it's around $90.00. There are very very very few left. Do it tomorrow ! (C-Pillar Crest for 1993 Sixty Special).

Your color is Sapphire Blue Firemist, code 83. IF it IS medium Blue. Light Blue is Light Sapphire Blue (code 22 - I think) and the Navy is Black Sapphire Metallic. Code 28

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

What is the P/N for L and R? I would LOVE to put those on my 94 FWB!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.